PDA

View Full Version : socialy anxiety holding me back from success...

beergotte
03-08-2014, 01:26 PM
i've had social anxiety since like grade 2, and no one except me knows about it... I feel like the anxiety had gotten a bit better despite having no professional help or even a real life person to vent to bout it...
well i've moved towns a few years ago , meaning a fresh start with new friends, new home, and a new me and my anxiety has gotten better.
im currently a sophomore, halfway through high school and I'm starting to really stress about university. like my anxiety has held me back from so many things! im not able to join any sport teams even though I know I would make it (not to be cocky) , i haven't been able to build any good relationships with teachers/staff for references, join any clubs, do any community involvement, participate in class even when I know the answer, etc; basically my anxiety has held me back from creating a good resume/high school transcript.. i have a 4.0 GPA and that just isn't enough.. i want to be able to go out by myself and look for things to participate in, I want to have a busy schedule, I want to have my name be known through the school/school board (for good reasons of course), I want to have universities want me more than I want them... i want to be a role model to others, I want to be successful !
I really want to find a job by the end of grade 2014 where I'll be in grade 11, but I'm scared of interviews and i don't have any references...
can anyone relate to me ? how did you deal with your anxiety in high school..? what should I do..?

Enduronman
03-08-2014, 01:34 PM
You answered the question to your problem..."and no one except me knows about it".....that's the problem.

E-Man.. :)

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 01:38 PM
i've had social anxiety since like grade 2, and no one except me knows about it... I feel like the anxiety had gotten a bit better despite having no professional help or even a real life person to vent to bout it... well i've moved towns a few years ago , meaning a fresh start with new friends, new home, and a new me and my anxiety has gotten better. im currently a sophomore, halfway through high school and I'm starting to really stress about university. like my anxiety has held me back from so many things! im not able to join any sport teams even though I know I would make it (not to be cocky) , i haven't been able to build any good relationships with teachers/staff for references, join any clubs, do any community involvement, participate in class even when I know the answer, etc; basically my anxiety has held me back from creating a good resume/high school transcript.. i have a 4.0 GPA and that just isn't enough.. i want to be able to go out by myself and look for things to participate in, I want to have a busy schedule, I want to have my name be known through the school/school board (for good reasons of course), I want to have universities want me more than I want them... i want to be a role model to others, I want to be successful ! I really want to find a job by the end of grade 2014 where I'll be in grade 11, but I'm scared of interviews and i don't have any references... can anyone relate to me ? how did you deal with your anxiety in high school..? what should I do..?

At your age you're not supposed to have references! You are just starting!!!

Try to do some volunteering in areas that interest you....you do well...you meet new people .... You develop great references and experience!