PDA

View Full Version : Do you get this feeling too?

MissCKC
04-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Okay, so I am going through a really rough bout of anxiety...or what I hope is anxiety and not a serious medical problem. I have been having about 2 or 3 anxiety attacks/panic attacks per day for the past week and the rest of the day I just pretty much feel like crap. There are some new sensations that I have been feeling and I haven't felt them in the past so it is scaring me. I have almost this constant feeling that something is baring down on my body. It's like this intense feeling of pressure on my whole body or it's almost like I am being sucked to the floor. I also feel so much pressure in my head and neck almost like my head is going to explode and an overwhelming pressure in my chest that lasts for just a few seconds and then subsides (until the next time). I realize that I need to see a healthcare professional in order to rule out any other medical problems...but until I can see somebody I just wanted to know if anyone else has felt this before. It's becoming almost unbearable for me to deal with. If you have experienced this before PLEASE let me know!!! It will help to calm me down at least a little bit.

bio
04-07-2008, 06:06 PM
C’mon, help yourself first as others can only do little bit for you.

Perhaps, reading poems can help. I can suggest that get your guitar and sing your favorite songs. Being a Christian myself, I like to sing this song and of course it’s more spiritual.

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do your friends despise, forsake you? Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield you; you will find a solace there.

Wish you all the best.

theinformation
04-10-2008, 02:49 AM
MissCKC, when I have my attacks, I feel a lot of pressure in my chest!!

and the muscles in my neck and the back of my head feel very tight. I also often feel like something is pushing hard against my back.

I think you're describing common symptoms of anxiety.. just try to relax. :)