PDA

View Full Version : Wild Kingdom....

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Pets .....need I say more? They are a never ending source of love, and agravation!!!

We love them, we spoil them, they take our hearts and then BAM! They eat your favourite shoes, pillows, whatever isn't completely out of sight.

They are however a great way to distract yourself from the fear or anxiety of the moment!

Looking to hear from those of you with pets....stories, funny or not... I can't be the only one with a new issue every day!

My kingdom includes.....
1 Australian Shepard pup (7 months)
1/2 a Border Collie / Lab ( I say 1/2 because I share custody with my Ex. It was harder to agree about the dog than the child. Dog is here Friday afternoon through Sunday)
1 2yr old cat...always good with the dogs...until the pup came to us a week ago. We lost our 14 yr old Beagle to cancer recently and the cat now has huge anxiety issues....Xanax for the cat? I think so.
2 birds and a fish.

NixonRulz
03-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Pam, you could almost be on safari at your place

I have one very unappreciative cat of 3 years. Found her as a kitten under a car in a shopping center during a blizzard. She jumps out my bedroom window and walk around on the roof for hours

I also have a 6 year old lab that eats too much and has a bum leg. She is the best dog I ever had. She always looks at me like she wishes she had thumbs

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Pam, you could almost be on safari at your place I have one very unappreciative cat of 3 years. Found her as a kitten under a car in a shopping center during a blizzard. She jumps out my bedroom window and walk around on the roof for hours I also have a 6 year old lab that eats too much and has a bum leg. She is the best dog I ever had. She always looks at me like she wishes she had thumbs

Yup! Safari it is....the crazy bus leaves every day at 6am sharp!

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Isn't it amazing with Labs ....if you survive the first 3 or 4 years they become the best pets ever!

petrified
03-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Pets .....need I say more? They are a never ending source of love, and agravation!!!

We love them, we spoil them, they take our hearts and then BAM! They eat your favourite shoes, pillows, whatever isn't completely out of sight.

They are however a great way to distract yourself from the fear or anxiety of the moment!

Looking to hear from those of you with pets....stories, funny or not... I can't be the only one with a new issue every day!

My kingdom includes.....
1 Australian Shepard pup (7 months)
1/2 a Border Collie / Lab ( I say 1/2 because I share custody with my Ex. It was harder to agree about the dog than the child. Dog is here Friday afternoon through Sunday)
1 2yr old cat...always good with the dogs...until the pup came to us a week ago. We lost our 14 yr old Beagle to cancer recently and the cat now has huge anxiety issues....Xanax for the cat? I think so.
2 birds and a fish.

You really must love your animals Pam :-)

We have one 12 year old black lab called benjie.
Well I say black but he is more grey than black.
When he was a puppy he was wild he actually chewed through a three piece suite one day!

He can't really go on long walks anymore as he just tires so easily, but he is an amazing dog and always looks after us all :-)

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 09:24 AM
You really must love your animals Pam :-) We have one 12 year old black lab called benjie. Well I say black but he is more grey than black. When he was a puppy he was wild he actually chewed through a three piece suite one day! He can't really go on long walks anymore as he just tires so easily, but he is an amazing dog and always looks after us all :-)

I do love my animals, but last evening I was about to give up the pup back to the friend I got her from, it was all too much.

You see .... Cat hates the pup with a passion I've never seen. Sure, a cat will hiss at a dog but this one goes into a full blown rage.... She never did this with the old dog or the collie/lab... Just the pup.

Anyway peace has ensued this morning for the time being....every one is sleeping...even in the same room.

One of my birds on the other hand is having an identity crisis....budgie thinks she's a woodpecker! Pecking at the cage! So much for peace in my house!!!! Lol!

petrified
03-08-2014, 11:58 AM
I do love my animals, but last evening I was about to give up the pup back to the friend I got her from, it was all too much.

You see .... Cat hates the pup with a passion I've never seen. Sure, a cat will hiss at a dog but this one goes into a full blown rage.... She never did this with the old dog or the collie/lab... Just the pup.

Anyway peace has ensued this morning for the time being....every one is sleeping...even in the same room.

One of my birds on the other hand is having an identity crisis....budgie thinks she's a woodpecker! Pecking at the cage! So much for peace in my house!!!! Lol!

Haha it sounds like a lot of fun though!
My dads budgie Millie is like that and she also likes to wear her bell as a hat.
Animals are great I'm sure your cat will get used to pup before long :-)