PDA

View Full Version : acupuncture

joey9
04-06-2008, 08:22 AM
I am usually a fairly sensible person and I don't tend to believe in what I consider 'mumbo jumbo' cures for anxiety. However, I am interested to know peoples views on the effectiveness of acupuncture for anxiety as I have seen some crazy device that does home acupuncture (oh god this sounds ridiculous already...) as a cure for anxiety and in my current frame of mind I am willing to try anything. My only experience of acupuncture was last year when I was moving house and I managed to convince myself that I had been credit blacklisted (even though I have never missed a payment for anything in my life). I had full on anxiety for about 3 months worrying I wouldn't get a mortgage for the new house. Driven to desperation, I stopped in at a Chinese healers who persuaded me that acupuncture was the way forward. I had a session and I have to say that for the time I was having it the anxiety and heart churning stopped completely - it was amazing. However I was told I would need several sessions and as luck would have it I hadn't been credit blacklisted and I got the mortgage fine so I wasn't anxious anymore so I never went back. Has anyone else tried it?