PDA

View Full Version : Hey gang. I've missed ya. Long story

Dorriekeepson23
03-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Well, I've had a series of physical problems that landed me in bed for the past month or so. Chronic pain is something I would wish not upon my worse enemy. I was gone so long, I forgot my password, the email i used, everything. So its no longer Dorrie23, its Dorriekeepson23. Some may not like that, but I chose it, because I feel like it's how I live, and have lived for a long time. Before I think I talked too much about my older son's issues instead of mine. I guess I thought if I told you what I was really dealing with you may not understand. Wrong. I was in a horrific wreck. Messed my back up bad. And four disc's in my neck. I have four protruding disc's in my neck that causes me migraines everyday of my life. I've been lye'd up in a fetal position in my bed soaking my pillow with tears the pain is so bad. My dr. of four years must have got in trouble, because he deserted all of his patients and moved hours away. I havent been on the meds that help keep me going. The good thing is I'm not terminal. I can be fixed. Just going through a hell I would wish not upon my worse enemy. But I am very comedic, love to laugh, and help others, ask for help in return. I do deal with panic/Anxiety attacks so bad I quit breathing. I have to make myself breath. But I am here for my friends, and hope to make new ones. Especially my real friends who have stuck with me until now. See ya on the board. Dorrie

Dorriekeepson23
03-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Oh, forgot. I did go to a Nuerologist last Tuesday who helped me out until I could get into my new pain clinic. I had an updated MRI three nights ago, to determine how bad it has gotten since the last MRI's from four yrs. ago. Reason I haven't had surgery, which I've been told in 2005, and 2010, I needed, was because I was a Too High Risk Patient due to a blood disorder. They didn't want to do surgery and me have a stroke on them. I am on three medications currently and will find out next week when they do blood work if their down enough if they do surgery. Thought that might be a bit more information. Man, I have missed you guys so much. It's amazing what another human being can do for another. Dorrie

Enduronman
03-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Holy shit!! Hey Dorrie!!! There you are!

Yes, we remember and I'm sorry about the neck and back thing too friend, I have that exact same thing too...3 in the neck 4 in the lower back, spondylosis, retrolisthesis, slipped, bulged, and the surgeon can't do anything about it..
You still have your energy though!!
WTF about your Doc and where do you just find another one????

Bernie...LOL!
Enduronman.....:)

NeverToo...Fear
03-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi Dorrie,, lovely to see you back here :)

Dorriekeepson23
03-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Holy shit!! Hey Dorrie!!! There you are!

Yes, we remember and I'm sorry about the neck and back thing too friend, I have that exact same thing too...3 in the neck 4 in the lower back, spondylosis, retrolisthesis, slipped, bulged, and the surgeon can't do anything about it..
You still have your energy though!!
WTF about your Doc and where do you just find another one????

Bernie...LOL!
Enduronman.....:)

You dork!! I knew my big bro. would read this, and get back to me asap. Man, I have the same stuff, almost, so much I can't spell it all, Anklosing Spondylitis, Spinal Stenosis, a bulging dis in my back so big it's pressing against several nerves, causing major muscle spasms, and shooting pains up and down my back, in my hips, down my legs, in my teeth. ha ha. Spondylosis, Brachial Nueritis, whatever that is, Degenerative Disc Disease too bad for my young age, 43 is still young dork!!! I need surgery in both knees due to MRI's... Osteoarthritis. I'm tellilng ya, it kicked my butt!!! I've never experienced this much pain. It will drive you mad won't it????????????? Well, I was mad, before I ever had problems. But I will get it fixed E-Man. I used to camp out, Canoe, Ride horses all of the time, all kinds of out door things. Took the older boys hiking. I'll do it again with the little guy. I wasn't suppose to have him. They said my back was too bad. Was kind of an accident, not a mistake, if you know what I mean!!! But I chose to have him, and it made it worse. I had no idea how worse it would make it, but would do it again in a heartbeat. I missed you so bad. You still crazy E-Man!!! I'm watching You!!! Ha Ha. Little sis, your twerp.

jessed03
03-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Dorrie!!!!!!!

You're back. I was thinking about you today. Wanted to shoot you a message, but wasn't sure what to say. Was just hoping you were doing well.

Good to see you :)

But obviously sad you've not had the best of times :(

Dorriekeepson23
03-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Hey sugar cakes!!! How's my sis doing today??? Thanks for the reply. I've got to get ahold of Ponder somehow, and give him a pep talk and tell him how we can't make it without him around here. I read one of his latest posts. If you read this Ponder... We love ya. Just keep on keeping on. That's what we gotta do. Can't wait to talk to ya. Dorrie. Bye Sugar Pie. I have a little one screaming my name!!!! "Mom, I want a snack.". But I'll be back online when the hubby gets home. He doesnt mind if I'm the computer. He knows I need it.

Dorriekeepson23
03-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Ok, I was just going to sign off to my screaming child will croak over without his little debbie. Ha Ha I've missed you too Jessed. How in the world have you been??? You sound great. That's what I like to hear. I've seen better days, but today it got better. Good thing... I was about to go out and strangle my neighbor's barking dog!!! Lol. I'm playing. I wouldn't hurt an animal if I tried. We have a cat now!!!! A cat and a dog. Please help me jessed. OHHHH lol. Talk to you later. really gotta go. Be back on later...promise.

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Welcome back Dorrie,

I'm new here since you were away, but try to do what I can to help others.

I too am a member of the screwed up back club, but not as bad as you and E-man. Only 3 herniated disks in low back, now I feel like such a whimp!

Anyway I hope to get to know you over time.
Again, welcome back!

Cheers!
~Pam

Dahila
03-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Dorrie finally you posted. I am still at work, but could not leave it without showing my joy of seeing you. As you see we got a lot of nice people, look above you :)
Everyone is working hard to contain the anxiety...
I have not enough imagination to see what you go through. My 3 bulging disks ar nothing comparing what you have, Holy cow, you think they can fix you? The surgery?
Probably Eman knows what you are going through....eh life ...it is good to have you back

Dorriekeepson23
03-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Pam, welcome aboard friend. Please listen to me. You're not a wimp. People go to the dentist with a severe toothache and are wimps. People with all kinds of issues, some worse than others, still experience pain. And their pain is as real as the next person. It's their reality. Not making them a wimp. Someone may have been more abused as a child than another, but their reality of how bad it was is theirs. You can't put limits on how people feel. We didn't choose this path, but we can darn sure die fighting not to give into it. I gave into it for so long, by using a bottle. Not a baby bottle either. Any kind of alcohol I could get my hands on. Now, I have NO PROBLEMS with people drinking. I have friends that do. But I used it to self medicate so long, I became a chronic alcoholic. I felt like a wimp. I live a different life now. My sis drinks, so do friends. No problems at all. But I can't touch it, or I won't or rather can't stop. I wish I could change that. I cannot. But I like who I am. I like the fact that I am a fighter and dont cave into my problems. Now... I used to, and not too long ago. It takes time hon. You are no wimp. You are here. and for a reason. Please stay. I think we'll grow on you. D.

Dorriekeepson23
03-07-2014, 08:58 PM
My Dee Dee, of course I'm being summoned to bed!!! ha ha ha. Just playing, but the little guy is sickly tonight and wants mama. I shall talk to you tomorrow my friend. I love ya more than my ice cream. And that is a lot. Dorrie

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Pam, welcome aboard friend. Please listen to me. You're not a wimp. People go to the dentist with a severe toothache and are wimps. People with all kinds of issues, some worse than others, still experience pain. And their pain is as real as the next person. It's their reality. Not making them a wimp. Someone may have been more abused as a child than another, but their reality of how bad it was is theirs. You can't put limits on how people feel. We didn't choose this path, but we can darn sure die fighting not to give into it. I gave into it for so long, by using a bottle. Not a baby bottle either. Any kind of alcohol I could get my hands on. Now, I have NO PROBLEMS with people drinking. I have friends that do. But I used it to self medicate so long, I became a chronic alcoholic. I felt like a wimp. I live a different life now. My sis drinks, so do friends. No problems at all. But I can't touch it, or I won't or rather can't stop. I wish I could change that. I cannot. But I like who I am. I like the fact that I am a fighter and dont cave into my problems. Now... I used to, and not too long ago. It takes time hon. You are no wimp. You are here. and for a reason. Please stay. I think we'll grow on you. D.

Not to worry...this bunch already has grown on me! I like your style lady! I like who I am, am compassionate to a fault but put up with little or no bull shi_#!

Probably how I earned membership in the anxiety hunter club today and apparently a coveted seat in the van!!! Lol!!!!

Be talking to you!!!!

Cullingford
03-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Hey Dorrie good to see you back! sorry things have been so rough for you.

Dorriekeepson23
03-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Thanks Cull, Good to hear from you!!! You know me, I'll be ok. A big mountain to climb, but I actually used to like climbing them. OK.. Ok.. small hills. lol. More like hiking!! ha ha I saw the most beautiful horse the other day. I wanted to ride him/her so bad!!! Now, I will tell ya, I will ride again. Horses are my life, other than the kiddo's. I have a way with them. Some people cannot do this. It gave me more determination when I saw him/her, to get even more better sooner. My two older boys just didn't get into the horse thing. Girls, Cars, Wrestling, Football, etc.. dont know if the little guy will either. But I've been riding since I was 7. A lonnnng time. lol. Just playing. Take care. And dont be a stranger. Dorrie. Thanks again for the hello.