PDA

View Full Version : zoloft

aussoldat
04-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi all,
After ten years of health related axiety my Dr has put me on 100mg of Zoloft.
has anyone here used this medication? and if so has it helped them?
Thanks

Velrose
04-05-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm on it right now and have been for almost 6 months now. I'm on 50 mg--but I have been having so many anxiety issues that I think I need to switch or get a higher dosage.

The ONLY side effect I ever had was insomnia... I am still dealing with this one. I go several days unable to sleep and then spend one or two days catching up... then back to the sleepless nights.

In the beginning it seemed to really help me with my anxiety and helping me to control my freaky thoughts-- but lately not so much.

aussoldat
04-06-2008, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the reply,
Yeah i am having the same problems regarding Insomnia, i can go a few days and then bang i wake up half way through the night and cant go back to sleep.
Michael

Velrose
04-06-2008, 11:21 PM
ugh... it totally sucks. What's weird about it though-- is I will go three or four nights without sleeping... but during the day, I'm not tired at all either. I'll be completely friggin wired! To the point I've gone on cleaning sprees around the house (daytime and nighttime) and other just..out of whack things.

All I can say is thank you Nintendo for the DS and the Wii... I'd be sooo bored without those!

aussoldat
04-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Same here in my case its my xbox 360, but i hope this insomnia dosnt last for ever.

loveyoulongtime82
04-09-2008, 02:36 AM
I took Zoloft for depression but it made me extremely anxious. The anxiety stopped as soon as I stopped taking it. I all of a sudden now have anxiety out of nowhere 2 months later. I am trying Xanax this time. See what happens.

aussoldat
04-09-2008, 04:37 AM
All the best with your new med. I hope they work for you.

RED121572
04-19-2008, 10:24 AM
I took zoloft for about a year. It really only worked for me the first few months.

aussoldat
05-01-2008, 03:44 AM
I took zoloft for about a year. It really only worked for me the first few months.
Are you on new meds now? and if yes are they helping?

brandX84
05-09-2008, 01:27 PM
First day I didn't notice anything but by the second day I started to get tremors in my hands and jaw.... third day the tremors were way worse... yesterday i woke up shaking like a person who was 90 years old w/ an anxiety attack from hell - Im lucky I had xanax to help out... I see my doc next wednesday...

I'm not sure i can take this - seems like my anxiety is only getting worse!
and im having to take my xanax more often then before i was before the zoloft.

:?

Just Breathe
05-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I have been taking Zoloft for almost a year now. I have tried every medication available and all gave me side effects...some even rare side effects. I have been on 200mg of Zoloft and now an slowly tapering off, down to 100mg (trying to get pregnant). Zoloft was the only medication that worked for me. With that said, I have Ativan for the "instant cure" if I was to have a panic attack and I was prescribed by the doc to take 25mg every night. It does help me sleep. I also noticed that doing crosswords or soduku in bed helps my mind relax and I can fall asleep that way.

I hope it works for you!

smartshoppimama
08-15-2008, 11:05 AM
I have been on zoloft for a couple of years now. I only take 50mg and have been experiences panic attacks a lot more lately. I am not sure if the medication is working at all anymore. I am anxious like all the time. I don't have any backup medication like ativan or xanax and it sucks to feel like this all the time. What should I do? Should I try to see if I can get my dosage increased? Should I try a different medication???
Please help

The_Guitarist
10-13-2008, 06:37 PM
My suggestion to you is to concentrate more on therapy then medication a low dose of meds and intense therapy are key if you are gettin just meds they will only dull an Hide the anxiety....Granted they do help but Not without therapy But to reply to your question I did take Zoloft at when I first realized I had anxiety It just made my panic attacks worse but thats just me an not you everyone is different.....I was on Lexapro for a while an that really seemed to help me its a serotonin Re-uptake inhibitor.....I hope I have been some help.

dolphin
10-29-2008, 04:45 AM
I took this antidepressent for a week and it gave me horrendous side effects so I threw them in the trash. I got headaches, nausea and the worst one was hunger, it was constantly there! To be constantly hungry is one of the worst things I've ever had to endure. Child birth was easier....

linmaeski
10-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi all,
After ten years of health related axiety my Dr has put me on 100mg of Zoloft.
has anyone here used this medication? and if so has it helped them?
Thanks

Yes I was on it 2 different times. Once about 3 years ago (moved states and switched doctors so switched meds) and for about a year now. It was good for a little while. It helped control some of my panic attacks, I never really had insomnia, but did have a little bit of weight gain (10-15 lbs in a year and a half). But just recently it hasn't been helping like it did, I just feel so unmotivated and anxious so my GP is trying me on BuSpar. I pray to God this one works because I don't know what else to do haha. But anyways out of all of the SSRI's (anti-depressants) that I have taken (paxil, prozac, wellbutrin and zoloft) Zoloft was by far the best. GOOD LUCK! Let me know how it goes.

Bree
11-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I tried it after 14 months of PPD. It worked really well, I felt so much better after the first week. I was only on it maybe 3-4-5 months, because it made me gain some weight. Not a lot of weight, about 10-15 lbs, but I went off of it. I haven't tried it for anxiety, but for depression it worked really well.

fernandogress
07-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Zoloft is well tolerated and effective for the treatment of depression and certain anxiety conditions.Zoloft is FDA approved to treat depression, certain types of social anxiety conditions, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) in adults over age 18.
Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive, more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.