PDA

View Full Version : Need to talk!

flossie16
03-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Sooo I posted a few days ago about my anxiety returning. The last 48 hours have been tough. Had the worst anxiety attack on Wednesday and haven't been right since. I've organised some therapy but that's not for another 2 weeks so until then I guess I just have to wait it out.
I've been sleeping a lot - mainly just to stop all these thoughts going on!!! But when I wake up I still feel awful. I've tried meditating, breathing techniques, distractions and still have no joy. Anyone care to share how they control their attacks?

petrified
03-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Hi flossie so you take any meds to help you?

I have found the best thing to manage my attacks is just to let them come!
I usually grab myself a large glass of ice cold water and sit myself and make myself sip it slowly.
That usually helps to refocus my brain again. I also like to call a friend or family member and chat with them that seems to calm me down too :-)

AliasEQ
03-07-2014, 06:34 AM
Do some daily changes and learn how to cope with your anxiety and you should see a difference. For example; medications, supplements or exercise.

If you're in a attack or if you feel it coming, then let it happen. Sit straight up, get a glass of water and just watch it go by. Don't resist it, just accept it. It's not dangerous or harmful. The attack itself lasts for about 3 minutes, the fear of it can make it last for hours.

Wish you the best! :)

flossie16
03-07-2014, 06:57 AM
I have tried meds, but they make me a thousand times worse I think I've now developed a fear of them! Thank you guys, I guess I've just been feeling alone it's nice to know I'm not the only one.