PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

mellymel
03-06-2014, 06:40 PM
I am curious to know how other people feel when they are experiencing depersonalization or derealization. I know it feels dreamlike, but I'm looking for specifics so I can understand it more. Thanks :)

NixonRulz
03-06-2014, 06:47 PM
I think it feels like an out of body experience would feel

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Agreed! To me it has felt like I am watching myself as an onlooker.

Hope this helpd

mellymel
03-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Kinda. I guess that's how I feel. What about thoughts associated with it? Mine are usually freakishly odd. Like "what am I doing" "am I hear" "am I doing what I'm actually doing or am I doing something else"

Anyone else?

jjh333
03-06-2014, 09:40 PM
I was thinking about this today also. I never necessarily feel like I am looking at myself or something but when I get extremely flightly and want to run away I wonder if any of what I'm feeling counts as depersonalization.

mellymel
03-06-2014, 09:53 PM
I was thinking about this today also. I never necessarily feel like I am looking at myself or something but when I get extremely flightly and want to run away I wonder if any of what I'm feeling counts as depersonalization.

I get that feeling too where I just wanna escape. Run away. I don't know to where or how I want to get away, I just do.

anxietycat
03-07-2014, 03:46 AM
I get all of these feelings as well and used to actually stare in the mirror and wonder who I was or was I really living in existence? Some freaky stuff.