PDA

View Full Version : Advice plz

Dweeb
03-06-2014, 01:51 PM
I feel that ive got loads better with my anxiety of course theres still times when i overthink but nowhere near as bad as before.

I'm only on 20mg fluoextine once a day do u think that i'd be able to come of this medication now without my anxiety comin back full force or should i give it another couple of weeks and see if i continue to feel better before stoppin the medication?

jessed03
03-06-2014, 01:57 PM
How long have you been on it Dweeb?

Dweeb
03-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Been on it about 4mnths i think its something likr that not sure if to stay on it for a few more months

Enduronman
03-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Agreed with Forwells^^.. I'd stay with it Dweeber!!... You're doing sooooo much better, let's not risks this just yet. IMHO...

E-Man.. :)

Dweeb
03-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Very true aint worth slippin back down :)

Thank you forwells and e-man

jessed03
03-06-2014, 03:16 PM
I agree with the others, not a chance I'd consider coming off yet. They say wait 4 months after your symptoms have gone at least to come off, to ensure the best chance of stability. Not worth messing with it later down the line for a few extra months :)

petrified
03-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Hi dweeb I really have to agree with what everyone has said.
I too started on 20mg of fluxotine and after my CBT thought I was "cured", I had only been on them a little more than 3 month.
I have to say that was a big mistake I didn't last long without them and now take 40mg daily and I have no intention of stopping them again til I'm ready.
I was really worried about becoming addicted/dependant on them, but my doctor reassured me that they are a fairly mild strain of ad.

Dweeb
03-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Thank you guys i'll just stay on them for at least two months and then maybe go dwn to 10mg for a few mnths and then see how im feeling.

Thanks for the advice