PDA

View Full Version : Think my cold is causing my DP to flare up, not sure what to do? :(

Applecherry
03-06-2014, 09:57 AM
I found myself with a cold late yesterday, I can't taste food, I don't feel hungry, my eyes feel kind of puffed and blurry, my mouth is dry, I keep sneezing.. and my anxiety has been no good at all this morning. I'm just sort of feeling like I don't want to do anything..

I am not knowing how to feel better right now.. I hate it.

BlessedMom
03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
That sounds awful....I vote for a cup of tea, a warm blanket and a good movie!

Applecherry
03-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Well thanks, I felt less dryness in my mouth but..my head being so stuffed up and my nose, and ears..it's targeting all the right places for this to go on (the vestibular system I guess what I'd call it?), the balance all of that, supposedly connected strongly to anxiety..so this cold is pressing all the wrong buttons then..

It's driving me nuts.. I'm anxious ontop of drowsy and not being able to breathe properly.. :(

BlessedMom
03-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Well thanks, I felt less dryness in my mouth but..my head being so stuffed up and my nose, and ears..it's targeting all the right places for this to go on (the vestibular system I guess what I'd call it?), the balance all of that, supposedly connected strongly to anxiety..so this cold is pressing all the wrong buttons then..

It's driving me nuts.. I'm anxious ontop of drowsy and not being able to breathe properly.. :(

Take a steamy shower! and do some mouth breathing exercises to relax, that'll help you forget about the stuffy nose :) sounds simple right? I realize its not that easy. Hang in there.