PDA

View Full Version : Lorazepam or Xanax

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Which do you prefer for severe anxiety? I have Xanax but .25 & that doesn't work so psych told me to try two .25 or if it doesn't work, she'll prescribe me Lorazepam.

I'm just curious what works for you guys!

I have GAD & acute agoraphobia.

Enduronman
03-05-2014, 04:44 PM
I have never tried Ativan but see it mentioned here quite frequently...
I have taken Xanax for almost 8 years, and it is very helpful in dealing with anxiety and panic type situations as well as long as the dose is potent enough..
Plus, I don't get the reallllll sedation from Xanax whereas alot of people that post here about Ativan say that all it does is make them tired or sleepy
OMG the dog is chewing on my dayyyuum table now!!!..
Sorry, got off track...Yes, try .5 of Xanax and see if that helps and if it doesn't...maybe try a higher dose till you find the one that works.
They can prescribe up to 10mg per day...rarely does it ever go over about 3mg but in some cases I've seen up to 6mg a day..(my oldest daughter)
I had taken up to 3mg a day, now down to 1mg XR per day...I feel pretty good right there, with the XR tablet..
Just some thoughts...

Enduronman.. :D

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 04:48 PM
I have never tried Ativan but see it mentioned here quite frequently... I have taken Xanax for almost 8 years, and it is very helpful in dealing with anxiety and panic type situations as well as long as the dose is potent enough.. Plus, I don't get the reallllll sedation from Xanax whereas alot of people that post here about Ativan say that all it does is make them tired or sleepy OMG the dog is chewing on my dayyyuum table now!!!.. Sorry, got off track...Yes, try .5 of Xanax and see if that helps and if it doesn't...maybe try a higher dose till you find the one that works. They can prescribe up to 10mg per day...rarely does it ever go over about 3mg but in some cases I've seen up to 6mg a day..(my oldest daughter) I had taken up to 3mg a day, now down to 1mg XR per day...I feel pretty good right there, with the XR tablet.. Just some thoughts... Enduronman.. :D

I've heard Ativan makes you sleepy also.. I took .50 xanax an hour ago. I'm more relaxed. But still not enough to where I would want to go to the store or something.. Blahhhh :(

& lol!! What kind of dog??

Enduronman
03-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Ahhhh,,,yes, more relaxed, That IS a start....a small step.
I doubt that 1/2 a mg is going to make you wanna go anywhere, still too low a dose for your condition. IMHO
Oh GAWD!!!
It's a 9 week old French Mastiff puppy and he is eating my entire house up!!!..
There's a pile of things in one area where he chews and plays,..
Things I was looking for!!!
LMAO!!!.....grrrr.
He's being quiet now shhh type quietly,, OMG!!..ok, false alarm all is well... he he..

Enduronman.. :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Ahhhh,,,yes, more relaxed, That IS a start....a small step. I doubt that 1/2 a mg is going to make you wanna go anywhere, still too low a dose for your condition. IMHO Oh GAWD!!! It's a 9 week old French Mastiff puppy and he is eating my entire house up!!!.. There's a pile of things in one area where he chews and plays,.. Things I was looking for!!! LMAO!!!.....grrrr. He's being quiet now shhh type quietly,, OMG!!..ok, false alarm all is well... he he.. Enduronman.. :)

Gosh I'm so confused on what to do!! I need out of this damn house!! It's driving me crazy!! Lol

But awww, how cute! Puppies just love chewing on everything!!! Lol

Enduronman
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Your new meds will help to get you out of that house as you said they switched you today? From Prozac to ????
And with the Xanax or maybe even the Ativan you may be on the road to recovery!!! You got a therapist too!!!
YAY!!!!

You're doing everything that you can, I admire that desire and will to find the answers, make that effort, seek out some options rather than being pinned down,..you're inspiring others to do this too and don't even know it!!!...but you are, they're reading this too....

I bet you're out of there in no time...smiling and taking pictures for our where you live thread!!!

Enduronman.. :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Your new meds will help to get you out of that house as you said they switched you today? From Prozac to ???? And with the Xanax or maybe even the Ativan you may be on the road to recovery!!! You got a therapist too!!! YAY!!!! You're doing everything that you can, I admire that desire and will to find the answers, make that effort, seek out some options rather than being pinned down,..you're inspiring others to do this too and don't even know it!!!...but you are, they're reading this too.... I bet you're out of there in no time...smiling and taking pictures for our where you live thread!!! Enduronman.. :)

Your posts always me smile!! Thank you for that!!

But yes, they switched me to Paxil. I was happy after my meeting with the psych but then my mind got to me about waiting for it to start working..

You're right, for once in this whole 2 years of anxiety, I'm willing to do whatever it takes today! I was so stubborn two years ago & refused meds & therapy. But this time I WANT it.

& the first day I leave the house & do something fun, I'm totally posting pics!!! Lol

needtogetwell
03-05-2014, 05:31 PM
I have never tried Ativan but see it mentioned here quite frequently... I have taken Xanax for almost 8 years, and it is very helpful in dealing with anxiety and panic type situations as well as long as the dose is potent enough.. Plus, I don't get the reallllll sedation from Xanax whereas alot of people that post here about Ativan say that all it does is make them tired or sleepy OMG the dog is chewing on my dayyyuum table now!!!.. Sorry, got off track...Yes, try .5 of Xanax and see if that helps and if it doesn't...maybe try a higher dose till you find the one that works. They can prescribe up to 10mg per day...rarely does it ever go over about 3mg but in some cases I've seen up to 6mg a day..(my oldest daughter) I had taken up to 3mg a day, now down to 1mg XR per day...I feel pretty good right there, with the XR tablet.. Just some thoughts... Enduronman.. :D

OMG your dog chews the table! We need to get our dogs together mine chews slippers, weatherstripping and toilet paper. And that is only since 4:30 this afternoon!

Enduronman
03-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Your posts always me smile!! Thank you for that!!

But yes, they switched me to Paxil. I was happy after my meeting with the psych but then my mind got to me about waiting for it to start working..

You're right, for once in this whole 2 years of anxiety, I'm willing to do whatever it takes today! I was so stubborn two years ago & refused meds & therapy. But this time I WANT it.

& the first day I leave the house & do something fun, I'm totally posting pics!!! Lol

AND THIS is admirable Brooklyn!...Getting out and making things happen towards a positive direction and goals too...Proud of you! We ALL are....

Enduronman.. :D :D

Enduronman
03-05-2014, 06:14 PM
OMG your dog chews the table! We need to get our dogs together mine chews slippers, weatherstripping and toilet paper. And that is only since 4:30 this afternoon!

Yes, and now has pillow stuffing all over his face and in his mouth..looks like he has a white fluffy beard!!.. LMAO!!...anddddd he doesn't even mind abit. :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 06:29 PM
AND THIS is admirable Brooklyn!...Getting out and making things happen towards a positive direction and goals too...Proud of you! We ALL are.... Enduronman.. :D :D

Thank you!! Love having you guys with me along the way! :)

lbs
03-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Yes, and now has pillow stuffing all over his face and in his mouth..looks like he has a white fluffy beard!!.. LMAO!!...anddddd he doesn't even mind abit. :)

Oh your posts are putting a smile on my face. We just got a yellow lab puppy and she is chewing everything. My husbands head covers for his golf clubs today....no good! Lol!

Brookelynnn, it sounds like you're determined to find what works for you. Good luck and good for you!

amers85
03-05-2014, 07:22 PM
I never tried xanax but I did try ativan but wasn't enough for me. I'm on .5 of klonopin daily sometimes if I'm having a bad day I take 1 mg. Its a life saver honestly, for me at least. And it lasts longer than any other benzo out there.

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Oh your posts are putting a smile on my face. We just got a yellow lab puppy and she is chewing everything. My husbands head covers for his golf clubs today....no good! Lol! Brookelynnn, it sounds like you're determined to find what works for you. Good luck and good for you!

Thank you so much!! :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 07:30 PM
I never tried xanax but I did try ativan but wasn't enough for me. I'm on .5 of klonopin daily sometimes if I'm having a bad day I take 1 mg. Its a life saver honestly, for me at least. And it lasts longer than any other benzo out there.

I've heard of that!! I'll have to being it up to my Dr.. You take it like once in the morning right? I think that's what I read about it.. Xanax is every few hours or as needed.

amers85
03-05-2014, 07:35 PM
I've heard of that!! I'll have to being it up to my Dr.. You take it like once in the morning right? I think that's what I read about it.. Xanax is every few hours or as needed.

Yes, ill take it at like 11:00 and I'm good for the day, the times I do take another one, it isn't until around 6:00.

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Yes, ill take it at like 11:00 and I'm good for the day, the times I do take another one, it isn't until around 6:00.

Oh wow that's not bad!!!

amers85
03-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Oh wow that's not bad!!!

Definitely worth a try :) I hate taking medicine, so only having to take one pill a day, makes me happy haha

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Definitely worth a try :) I hate taking medicine, so only having to take one pill a day, makes me happy haha

I'm the same way! What type of anxiety do you have?

bittersweetgirl
03-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Hi! It depends if you need a quick hit of anxiety relief, or long-lasting but more steady relief. I felt nothing from Ativan, etc. - only from Xanax. I'm on 3 mg a day, which I thought was a LOT, but according to E-Man, it's not even close to the max! Wow! I tried Valium for a while too - I actually did like that, but I'm too stressed now for it... Valium is steady relief that is longer-lasting. Xanax hits hard and fast, but disappears quickly.

And on a different note, my kitten (just turned 1) attacks toilet paper and eats bread and crackers if I don't stop him... little troublemakers! They make them cute for a reason :)

amers85
03-05-2014, 07:48 PM
I'm the same way! What type of anxiety do you have?

A little Health anxiety and agoraphobia. Only reason I have agoraphobia is cause I'm afraid ill have a panic attack in public or end up in a hospital.

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE="bittersweetgirl;168746"]Hi! It depends if you need a quick hit of anxiety relief, or long-lasting but more steady relief. I felt nothing from Ativan, etc. - only from Xanax. I'm on 3 mg a day, which I thought was a LOT, but according to E-Man, it's not even close to the max! Wow! I tried Valium for a while too - I actually did like that, but I'm too stressed now for it... Valium is steady relief that is longer-lasting. Xanax hits hard and fast, but disappears quickly. And on a different note, my kitten (just turned 1) attacks toilet paper and eats bread and crackers if I don't stop him... little troublemakers! They make them cute for a reason :)[/QUOTE

Hmm okay.. I'm starting to think my dose of xanax just isn't high enough.. It's .25 which I've also learned, is nothing compared to most!! Lol

& Haha yes, kitten are cute for a reason!! :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE="amers85;168748"] A little Health anxiety and agoraphobia. Only reason I have agoraphobia is cause I'm afraid ill have a panic attack in public or end up in a hospital.[/QUOTE

OMG, me too!!!! Same exact thing.. The klonopin helps the agoraphobia??

amers85
03-05-2014, 08:01 PM
It helps a lot, but part of it is also pushing yourself to do it. I'm in therapy as well, which helps out. How long have you had it ? Mine's been since last June.

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 08:07 PM
It helps a lot, but part of it is also pushing yourself to do it. I'm in therapy as well, which helps out. How long have you had it ? Mine's been since last June.

Oh okay. I start therapy on the 19th but mine just started two weeks ago. Anxiety for two years but agoraphobia is just recent.

amers85
03-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Oh okay. I start therapy on the 19th but mine just started two weeks ago. Anxiety for two years but agoraphobia is just recent.

I've had anxiety for awhile too. Its just a little bump in the road we need to get passed :) nothing is permanent

BrookeLynnnn
03-05-2014, 08:53 PM
I've had anxiety for awhile too. Its just a little bump in the road we need to get passed :) nothing is permanent

Nothing is permanent.. I needed to hear that.. Thank you!

amers85
03-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Nothing is permanent.. I needed to hear that.. Thank you!

You're welcome :) message me anytime if you need someone to talk with

BlessedMom
03-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Which do you prefer for severe anxiety? I have Xanax but .25 & that doesn't work so psych told me to try two .25 or if it doesn't work, she'll prescribe me Lorazepam.

I'm just curious what works for you guys!

I have GAD & acute agoraphobia.

I have been on both....I prefer Ativan as it does not make me sleepy. Xanax does. I also take .25 of Ativan and give it 20 minutes if its not making a difference I take another.

We, you and I, are on a VERY low dose of Ativan and taking two to feel "comfortable" is not uncommon.

BrookeLynnnn
03-06-2014, 08:57 AM
You're welcome :) message me anytime if you need someone to talk with

Thank you!! & you also :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-06-2014, 09:01 AM
I have been on both....I prefer Ativan as it does not make me sleepy. Xanax does. I also take .25 of Ativan and give it 20 minutes if its not making a difference I take another. We, you and I, are on a VERY low dose of Ativan and taking two to feel "comfortable" is not uncommon.

Xanax doesn't make me sleepy unless I take it before bed.. But ugh this is so confusing!! Lol

I take two .25 of my xanax & feel a little better but not like normal.. So I wanna try Ativan but if I do, I'll have to turn in my xanax & what if the Ativan doesn't work for me.. Then I'm screwed. Lol

I need to just see about upping my xanax dose.

BlessedMom
03-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Xanax doesn't make me sleepy unless I take it before bed.. But ugh this is so confusing!! Lol

I take two .25 of my xanax & feel a little better but not like normal.. So I wanna try Ativan but if I do, I'll have to turn in my xanax & what if the Ativan doesn't work for me.. Then I'm screwed. Lol

I need to just see about upping my xanax dose.

You just started taking these this past weekend right? If I remember correctly :) Remember how excited you were after your first dose and you felt "normal", go back a read what you read ;) I think, and I could be wrong, but its like you are looking for more and more from this script, maybe give it some time to settle with you, then see where you are at. You seem to be trying to figure it all out right away and it doesn't always work that way. You say you feel a little better....what does that "feel like" what symptoms are you feeling on .50 that you are unhappy with that didn't occur that first weekend you took .25 and felt normal :)

Perses
03-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Hi Brooke,

I've taken Xanax, Clonazepam, Lorazepam over the years. Here's my take:

a) take medications for anxiety and/or depression under the supervision of a psychiatrist. Don't rely on a GP for your initial treatment.
b) Always work on the smallest possible dosage of benzos. According to my psychiatrist, the average dosage for Xanax is .25 3 times a day, increased to .50 3 times a day.
c) I took Xanax for 2 years at bedtime, until I decided I didn't really need it. Prior to that I used Xanax for taking the GREs, when I first travelled to India, etc. Currently, I take Xanax on an as needed basis. The thing about Xanax that is great is that it is potent - works quickly -- the effects are noticed by your body. The bad thing about Xanax is that this uprush and then decline is a bit like what I imagine getting high would feel like. It is certainly noticeable. Its 'potency' quick in and quick out is what makes it so popular as a recreational drug. I know the drug is meant to last 3 hours. So, I am mentally prepared for the crash back down.
d) Lorezepam - I never found it as effective as Xanax, and yet, like Xanax, one has to take it 3 times daily. Sooo... I'm fascinated that your doctor would think to switch to it.

As any good psychiatrist will tell you, benzos are short term drugs used until the anti-depressant kicks in. You need to give those drugs time to work, about, alas, 2-3 months.

Here's my recommendation -- a) let a psychiatrist do the prescribing. I'm in NY, and, apparently, the state is going to make it illegal for GPs to prescribe benzos. Only psychiatrists will be able to. Now, NY is super strict when it comes to taking these drugs. There are no refills. You must get a written prescription directly from your doctor for each month's work. Blah!! NY has a huge problem with addiction on benzos.
b) I'd ask to switch to a long last drug like clonazepam, one that you can take once or twice a day. It's slow but steady. I take .5 mgs twice a day, have done for 19 years. I took Lorazepam for two months cuz my shrink accidentally prescribed it to me instead of clonazepam. I didn't like it only because I could feel the ebb and flow of the drug's impact. Besides, I didn't want to worry about taking it 3 times a day.

So, as I mentioned, right now I take 1 mg clonazepam daily, plus Xanax for super stress situations. And, I rarely use Xanax, probably the last time was last May.

Since benzos are out of favor with psychiatrists, who want to start their patients on SSRIs, I would really grit your teeth and just keep waiting for your anti-depressant to kick in. Keep that choice as your primary end goal. In addition, of course, it's extremely important to see a therapist so that you can talk out your issues. Drugs are only part of a larger toolkit that you want to have at your disposal.

In addition, you want to keep yourself on the lowest possible dose of any benzos you take. It's tough, I know. How does anyone know what the right dosage is If you feel less anxious for the three hour time period in which Xanax stays in your system, then the drug is working. It's not a magic bullet. I am not sure what feeling normal means to you. I'll say that for me, it's not being anxiety free. That's just who I am. Some days I'm more anxious, and I'll just grit my teeth and remind myself that things will get better, stay positive. I am managing my anxiety. Now, I've also come to the conclusion that staying on clonazepam (right now for the past 2 months I'm down to .75 a day) will probably be a life long choice. Luckily, my psychiatrist is ok with that.

I urge you not to worry so much about getting back to normal. It takes time and experimentation and deep self-assessment. Working on developing a set of coping strategies for yourself. Keep adding to your anxiety management toolkit.

amers85
03-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Hi Brooke,

I've taken Xanax, Clonazepam, Lorazepam over the years. Here's my take:

a) take medications for anxiety and/or depression under the supervision of a psychiatrist. Don't rely on a GP for your initial treatment.
b) Always work on the smallest possible dosage of benzos. According to my psychiatrist, the average dosage is .25 3 times a day, increased to .50 3 times a day.
c) I took Xanax for 2 years at bedtime, until I decided I didn't really need it. Prior to that I used Xanax for taking the GREs, when I first travelled to India, etc. Currently, I take Xanax on an as needed basis. The thing about Xanax that is great is that it is potent - works quickly -- the effects are noticed by your body. The bad thing about Xanax is that this uprush and then decline is a bit like what I imagine getting high would feel like. It is certainly noticeable. Its 'potency' quick in and quick out is what makes it so popular as a recreational drug. I know the drug is meant to last 3 hours. So, I am mentally prepared for the crash back down.
d) Lorezepam - I never found it as effective as Xanax, and yet, like Xanax, one has to take it 3 times daily. Sooo... I'm fascinated that your doctor would think to switch to it.

As any good psychiatrist will tell you, benzos are short term drugs used until the anti-depressant kicks in.

I don't know much about xanax or ativan, but I know that klonopin can be used for long term use as well. I don't see a psychiatrist, but my Dr who I trust with anything says its ok as long as you don't feel a dependency or need to up the mgs cause its not doing its job. Each person is different, some need it daily and some don't.

BrookeLynnnn
03-06-2014, 09:42 AM
You just started taking these this past weekend right? If I remember correctly :) Remember how excited you were after your first dose and you felt "normal", go back a read what you read ;) I think, and I could be wrong, but its like you are looking for more and more from this script, maybe give it some time to settle with you, then see where you are at. You seem to be trying to figure it all out right away and it doesn't always work that way. You say you feel a little better....what does that "feel like" what symptoms are you feeling on .50 that you are unhappy with that didn't occur that first weekend you took .25 and felt normal :)

Yes. & well the first time, I felt relaxed & calm like nothing could bring me to panic or feel anxious & I told my sister, let's go do something. Let's go to the store.. (I'm acute agoraphobic) & now when I take it, I just feel SLIGHTLY relaxed but not enough to go out..

& you're right.. I just want to feel better ASAP. & that's always been my problem.. I'm impatient. Especially now because I was put on the wrong meds for two weeks so now I must start over :/

BrookeLynnnn
03-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I don't know much about xanax or ativan, but I know that klonopin can be used for long term use as well. I don't see a psychiatrist, but my Dr who I trust with anything says its ok as long as you don't feel a dependency or need to up the mgs cause its not doing its job. Each person is different, some need it daily and some don't.

I mentioned klonopin to my psychiatrist yesterday but she wanted me to try lorazepam instead if the xanax failed..

BrookeLynnnn
03-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Hi Brooke, I've taken Xanax, Clonazepam, Lorazepam over the years. Here's my take: a) take medications for anxiety and/or depression under the supervision of a psychiatrist. Don't rely on a GP for your initial treatment. b) Always work on the smallest possible dosage of benzos. According to my psychiatrist, the average dosage is .25 3 times a day, increased to .50 3 times a day. c) I took Xanax for 2 years at bedtime, until I decided I didn't really need it. Prior to that I used Xanax for taking the GREs, when I first travelled to India, etc. Currently, I take Xanax on an as needed basis. The thing about Xanax that is great is that it is potent - works quickly -- the effects are noticed by your body. The bad thing about Xanax is that this uprush and then decline is a bit like what I imagine getting high would feel like. It is certainly noticeable. Its 'potency' quick in and quick out is what makes it so popular as a recreational drug. I know the drug is meant to last 3 hours. So, I am mentally prepared for the crash back down. d) Lorezepam - I never found it as effective as Xanax, and yet, like Xanax, one has to take it 3 times daily. Sooo... I'm fascinated that your doctor would think to switch to it. As any good psychiatrist will tell you, benzos are short term drugs used until the anti-depressant kicks in. You need to give those drugs time to work, about, alas, 2-3 months. Here's my recommendation -- a) let a psychiatrist do the prescribing. I'm in NY, and, apparently, the state is going to make it illegal for GPs to prescribe benzos. Only psychiatrists will be able to. Now, NY is super strict when it comes to taking these drugs. There are no refills. You must get a written prescription directly from your doctor for each month's work. I'm just pointing this out to show you

Hmmm. Okayy.. Thank you for all the info!!! :)

Perses
03-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Ha! Sorry I kept writing more after I first posted cuz I had written a long post to you last night and then got knocked off line.

Well, try lorazepam by all means. What the doctor suggests, you give it a try, then see how you feel. Good that you are also going to therapy. I don't suffer from agoraphobia, but I have fainted 4 times from overload panic attacks, and so if I feel a slight case of nerves coming on I hate being out doors. My strategy for coping with that is iced water or lemonade. I sit and drink something cold with a bit of sugar.

BrookeLynnnn
03-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Ha! Sorry I kept writing more after I first posted cuz I had written a long post to you last night and then got knocked off line. Well, try lorazepam by all means. What the doctor suggests, you give it a try, then see how you feel. Good that you are also going to therapy. I don't suffer from agoraphobia, but I have fainted 4 times from overload panic attacks, and so if I feel a slight case of nerves coming on I hate being out doors. My strategy for coping with that is iced water or lemonade. I sit and drink something cold with a bit of sugar..

Lol no problem!!

I ended up giving the psych a call to see if she wants to higher my Xanax or fill my Lorazepam.. I think I'm just scared to start ANOTHER new pill..

Wow, fainting would be scary!!

Ice water seems to also help me a little when I'm feeling anxious.. I stay away from sugar tho.. I'm a freak lol I think that anything with sugar will make me hyper therefore give me a panicky feeling lol. No soda, candy, anything like that.'

BlessedMom
03-06-2014, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=BrookeLynnnn;168917]Yes. & well the first time, I felt relaxed & calm like nothing could bring me to panic or feel anxious & I told my sister, let's go do something. Let's go to the store.. (I'm acute agoraphobic) & now when I take it, I just feel SLIGHTLY relaxed but not enough to go out..

& you're right.. I just want to feel better ASAP. & that's always been my problem.. I'm impatient. Especially now because I was put on the wrong meds for two weeks so now I must start over :/[/QUOT

I hope that you find something that works soon!!!! Sorry its been so tough lately!

BrookeLynnnn
03-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Thank you so much!

Damaged77
03-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Hi! I just wanted to say, I was taking lorazepam and I stopped taking it because IF you are allergic to it, it can cause your throat to feel tight. Now I am not 100% sure if I was allergic to it or not because when I was having my attacks it felt like my throat tightened and then the lorazepam helped. So i don't know???? So I haven't taken it in about 8 days and my throat feel better. Now my other half is on Xanax, and is fine. So weigh your options and make sure you check out the side effects for each and then decide. The last thing you want to do is feel worse. :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Hi! I just wanted to say, I was taking lorazepam and I stopped taking it because IF you are allergic to it, it can cause your throat to feel tight. Now I am not 100% sure if I was allergic to it or not because when I was having my attacks it felt like my throat tightened and then the lorazepam helped. So i don't know???? So I haven't taken it in about 8 days and my throat feel better. Now my other half is on Xanax, and is fine. So weigh your options and make sure you check out the side effects for each and then decide. The last thing you want to do is feel worse. :)

Oh that's so scary!! Okay, it's a tough decision.. Thank you!

Damaged77
03-06-2014, 06:55 PM
I didn't want to scare you :) I just wanted to let you know about my experience.

BrookeLynnnn
03-06-2014, 07:06 PM
I didn't want to scare you :) I just wanted to let you know about my experience.

Oh no that's okay!! It's always good to be informed :)