PDA

View Full Version : Help!

HandOnly
04-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I am diagnosed with OCD and depression. I take Paxil CR. For a few years now, I have had an anxiety that has been getting worse. I fear that something is going to happen that will, in some way, deform me and make me a social reject. I know it sounds crazy, but it really bothers me. Especially since I like this girl, and its always in the back of my mind that some horrible thing is going to happen and thus she wont go out with me. :(

islander1
04-04-2008, 12:31 AM
nothign will happen its all in your head. anxiety cannot harm you phsyically.

scared748
04-04-2008, 01:26 PM
I feel the same way with my boyfriend...i always fear something bad is going happen and worry about 6457647 reasons he may not want to stay with me. its hard

HandOnly
04-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I feel the same way with my boyfriend...i always fear something bad is going happen and worry about 6457647 reasons he may not want to stay with me. its hard

I am glad to see that I am not the only person in the world who has this fear. I honestly thought I was alone because I have never found any information that others have a similar fear.

joey9
04-05-2008, 10:42 AM
I am not like this with relationships but I am like it with work - when my anxiety is bad I am constantly living with a horrible dread that something is going to go wrong. it seems as though our anxiety picks on our weaknesses - the things we fear the most, and then churns it around and around in our heads. I really feel that when our thoughts are in free fall like this even if we solved our worry then another would rush in to take over. Its as though the brain needs something to worry about so it finds what it can.