PDA

View Full Version : WHy can't I get back to normal????????

mom23
03-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Im sitting here at work....crying. I woke up at 3:30 am felt like my heart was beating so fast and I couldn't catch enough breath....I got up to go into the bathroom to get a drink and I was so shakey.

ldocherty93
03-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Im sitting here at work....crying. I woke up at 3:30 am felt like my heart was beating so fast and I couldn't catch enough breath....I got up to go into the bathroom to get a drink and I was so shakey.

Sounds like a panic attack. You on any meds?

mom23
03-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Sounds like a panic attack. You on any meds?

Oh ya. I have been on Celexa for years. Started Wellbutrin about 6 weeks ago and I have clonazepam as needed. I took one before bed last night to hopefully help me sleep. But it did the opposite

needtogetwell
03-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi mom23,

Hope your feeling a bit better now. Panic attacks certainly make you feel vulnerable and crappy.

I'm going to turn your question around a little and maybe you can ponder it for a while. You say you want to get back to "normal". I agree with you, we all want to feel normal.

But....if your old normal is what landed you where you are why would you want to go back? I suggest you figure out what your new normal will look like. Write it down, be specific. Then, look at your list and try to figure out how you will go about achieving it. If you don't know how to achieve something, ask the group here for suggestions. I've only been here a short while but I read every post and reply and the people here are very creative and insightful.

You never know, the light bulbs could go off and you could be on your way to an even better normal!

Cheers and good luck
Pam

mom23
03-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Hi mom23,

Hope your feeling a bit better now. Panic attacks certainly make you feel vulnerable and crappy.

I'm going to turn your question around a little and maybe you can ponder it for a while. You say you want to get back to "normal". I agree with you, we all want to feel normal.

But....if your old normal is what landed you where you are why would you want to go back? I suggest you figure out what your new normal will look like. Write it down, be specific. Then, look at your list and try to figure out how you will go about achieving it. If you don't know how to achieve something, ask the group here for suggestions. I've only been here a short while but I read every post and reply and the people here are very creative and insightful.

You never know, the light bulbs could go off and you could be on your way to an even better normal!

Cheers and good luck
Pam

Thank you...I just want to be happy. Enjoy life, play and laugh with my kids. Not wake up thinking "will I make it through the day". I wake up wanting to get the days over with instead of enjoying myself.