PDA

View Full Version : Having an attack

Tmr789123
03-04-2014, 12:33 PM
I'm pretty much having a panic attack right now my hearts racing I'm getting sweaty I'm getting a little dizzy I'm starting to freak out idk what to do

NixonRulz
03-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Why do you feel you need to do something?

It's going to stop regardless of what you do so just sit and wait it out

Tmr789123
03-04-2014, 01:00 PM
It's never been like this before I'll calm down then immediately panic again then calm then panic and it's scaring me so bad

roddyj
03-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Have you tried beta blockers ?

Tmr789123
03-04-2014, 01:17 PM
What's that?

petrified
03-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Why do you feel you need to do something?

It's going to stop regardless of what you do so just sit and wait it out

Great advice there Nixon!
I usually get myself a glass if ice cold water make myself sip it slowly and just wait it out.
Advice I got on this forum and it does help!
If it does get too much ring a friend or family member and just talk about something random that usually calms me down and takes my mind off it!

petrified
03-04-2014, 02:00 PM
What's that?

Beta blockers are tablets that help to take away the physical symptoms of anxiety like the heart palps and dizzyness.

Tmr789123
03-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Yea I'm calm now it was really scaring me and I would get calm then immediately freak out it was happening for like 20 mins an now I'm scared to go to my therapist tonight cuz I'm afraid it'll happen. I'm trying to get into the mindset that if it happens that's okay it happens it's whatever . I was just meditating it helps me a little bit

And where do I get beta blockers? Ha sorry I really don't know much about them

petrified
03-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Yea I'm calm now it was really scaring me and I would get calm then immediately freak out it was happening for like 20 mins an now I'm scared to go to my therapist tonight cuz I'm afraid it'll happen. I'm trying to get into the mindset that if it happens that's okay it happens it's whatever . I was just meditating it helps me a little bit

And where do I get beta blockers? Ha sorry I really don't know much about them

I get mine prescribed from my doctor.
It's great you have your meditation to help you I have never tried it but hear its really good!!

I would prefer to have a panic attack with a therapist there as I feel they would calm me better haha, maybe I'm just strange like that :-)

I'm pleased your calming I think it's all just about understanding our anxiety that helps us!

Tmr789123
03-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Oh alright haha. I'll try anything to help with my anxiety. Idk why it's so bad today usually every day I'm okay just have a little bit at night time

roddyj
03-04-2014, 02:14 PM
They block adrenaline in your body which is causing your symptoms they are non addictive you take one a day and they work well for most people with minimum sideeffects ! I'd try that b4 taking anti depressants mood enhancers or sedatives as powerful as a benzo like xanax z

petrified
03-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Oh alright haha. I'll try anything to help with my anxiety. Idk why it's so bad today usually every day I'm okay just have a little bit at night time

Night time is often worse for anxiety sufferers. I think it's because we are often fairly busy through the day and night time is when we are left with our thoughts.
Have you tried the rescue remedy products? They have helped me at times when I have known I would be anxious, like my driving test

Tmr789123
03-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Usually I'll drink the chamomile tea during the day and then I have one for night it's called like sleepytime" haha it helps relax my body most of the time before I go to sleep

petrified
03-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Usually I'll drink the chamomile tea during the day and then I have one for night it's called like sleepytime" haha it helps relax my body most of the time before I go to sleep

Ah great anything that helps is a godsend. You seem to managing your anxiety well. Today must just be a little blip for you. Tomorrow is gonna be a great day :-)

Tmr789123
03-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Yeah usually I'm fine it's just when I have to go out somewheres. Like I can't go out to eat I can't go out with my friends I basically have no life because of this anxiety now... And I sure hope tomorrow is at least better than today. I have y therapist at like sixish but I'll be fine going there I'm comfortable there and she helps me a lot. But I don't feel comfortable anywhere but there or my parents house. And my parents don't want me staying here too much longer as I've been here for a month now almost and I have my own apartment but I just can work up enough courage to go out. I'm not good with the whole exposure therapy thing

chardae
03-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Are you ok now??

Tmr789123
03-04-2014, 03:02 PM
For the most part :( my hearts racing though and I have to go to my therapist and I'm really nervous