PDA

View Full Version : Feeling lost

flossie16
03-04-2014, 07:07 AM
I haven't been on here for a while as I was managing my anxiety quite well, I feel like I'm back to square one! Over the past few weeks it has suddenly come back with a vengeance. I'm struggling to do day to day things, I freaked out on my way to work this morning and had to call in sick which didn't go down so well as I was signed off last month for back pain. I feel trapped, my partner knows exactly how I feel and is so understanding so I have support I just wish it would go away. I was taking anti anxiety meds but they don't seem to be working. I just want to be able to get on with normal things but this is really holding me back. I have a great job and my anxiety has never interfered with work until today so I guess I'm panicking about losing my job too. How do you manage your anxiety? I'm in great need of advice. My GP just seems to give me any old prescription which most the time just makes me worse. Looking for advice my poor family have to put up with me being like this, I'm lucky to have them but I just feel like a burden.

jaimee2761
03-04-2014, 09:20 AM
First of all, ditch the GP. They don't know much about what to do for people with anxiety disorders. You need to go to a psychiatric physician. They know exactly what type of medication you need to be on. But medication by itself won't completely help unfortunately. Call addoctor immediately that specializes in panic disorders. Good luck!