PDA

View Full Version : Do a lot people with anxiety feel like they're in hell sometimes? Like a hell on eart

Fever11
03-04-2014, 04:35 AM
Earth* Do you/did you?

gemma1788
03-04-2014, 04:39 AM
Yes. Sometimes i am so overloaded with anxiety symptoms that I feel like I need a full body MRI just to find the source. Because I can't possibly believe anxiety can do that to you!

jessed03
03-04-2014, 04:48 AM
Indeed. I lost count the amount of times I looked up at a building and just fantasised about falling off and ending it all.

It does get better for most people though. I know that's a cliche but it's true. It can take a long while sometimes, but most people make their breakthroughs.
Frankie wrote a post on it. About staying alive, doing what you've gotta do; take your meds, meditate, do your therapy, exercise, let time pass, let changes happen.

Stay strong friend.

raggamuffin
03-04-2014, 04:58 AM
Aye, I have good times and bad. All depends on what symptoms come along. Don't react to them with fear and worry as that's what conjured them up in the first place. Some symptoms like dizziness 24/7 or derealization seem like they hit you harder than aches and pains. But everyone is different.

As jess said there's many ways to overcome anxiety and it's good to try multiple approaches to see what is most effective for you.

Ed

deathroman13
03-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Yes. Most of the time I feel like I am going to be sick for the rest of my life and that there is something seriously wrong inside my body. Then I ask myself why do I have to suffer from this and everything feels like hell.
I still don't have a clue how to get rid of these physical symptoms.

NeverToo...Fear
03-04-2014, 06:49 AM
At one time it was like I was in my very own private hell bubble, so yes. Anxiety really has a way of isolating and making you feel absolutely terrible. But don't loose hope, Fever. Sometimes you have to go through hell to get to heaven--A Dean Karnazes quote there and probably used in the wrong way, but I'm saying like what others here are saying, that it does get better. You just have to ride it out, doing what it takes to try and overcome.

Applecherry
03-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Yes, I feel like I'm living in a huge anxiety gas bubble that I just need to pop somehow. :( I honestly think of anxiety as emotional constipation and gas bubble...

bittersweetgirl
03-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Earth* Do you/did you?

I do, yes. I'm working on it. Going back to the past to unearth what the heck happened, and trying methods in the present to cope. Some days are better than others. Some days I'm just plain sick of myself. Some days I find a bit of happiness. I'm trying to think of this as a process, since I"ve never worked so hard to beat this until a few months ago.

kristinabasham
03-04-2014, 07:04 AM
Yes. It does feel like a living hell. You are definitely not alone in feeling this way.

jaimee2761
03-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Anxiety is the worst! I deal with some form of it everyday! And I've had it since I was a little girl and I'm 52 now. People that aren't dealing with it don't understand what you're going through. One thing you have to remember is, that it won't last forever (even though sometimes it feels that way), but it won't. One thing that works for me is to try and relax. I know, easier said than done. But try and breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth, slowly. Good luck! And it always helps to know you're not the only one that's going through what your feeling. You can always reach out to someone too. Therapy helps too...

ecotech2003
03-04-2014, 11:06 AM
I feel like there is something I am suppose to know but don't and no one will tell me what it is. I'm on the outside looking in at all the happy people who are successful at life. I want in so bad, but, find the way.

jaimee2761
03-06-2014, 08:29 PM
I've felt that way most of my life. I've never been able to keep a job for very long. I've tried all different types of work too! Thinking that maybe it was the job, but it was me. And like you I've wondered why everyone else was so happy and I was always on the outside looking in. But after years of struggling with this I can finally say that between medication & therapy, I finally feel pretty good. I'll never be 100% well. But even those people that seem like the happy, shiny people of the world even have bad days. So don't give up! See a doctor that specializes in depression and anxiety. Have them recommend a good therapist and go see them. Good luck and let me know how you're doing? Remember, you're not the only one that feels that way. In fact there's more people like us than the happy people!