PDA

View Full Version : Not smart..!

lorenzo18
03-03-2014, 07:48 PM
So I went out drinking last night after not drinking for 18 days and taking lexapro. I have a
Few drinks and played some pool and felt fine overall during the night. But today has been pretty bad with the anxiety. I think it's safe to say I will not be drinking again anytime soon. How have the rest of you guys felt with this before? I work in a bar and it's hard to not get a itch to have a drink every now and then.

jessed03
03-03-2014, 07:54 PM
When I was on SSRIs, I could get away with a fair few beers, but the moment I touched spirits, I had to pay quite heavily next day

lorenzo18
03-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Yea, i was paying for it today. I didn't really drink much, 2 vodka drinks and 4 shots. (Well not a lot for me normally at least lol).

BrookeLynnnn
03-03-2014, 08:12 PM
So I went out drinking last night after not drinking for 18 days and taking lexapro. I have a Few drinks and played some pool and felt fine overall during the night. But today has been pretty bad with the anxiety. I think it's safe to say I will not be drinking again anytime soon. How have the rest of you guys felt with this before? I work in a bar and it's hard to not get a itch to have a drink every now and then.

People with anxiety shouldn't drink in the first place.. Unfortunately.. Smoking & drinking adds to our anxiety! I'm too scared to drink anymore for that very reason! 21st bday just passed & I was downtown, sober! Lol

Niicole Lynne
03-03-2014, 08:45 PM
People with anxiety shouldn't drink in the first place.. Unfortunately.. Smoking & drinking adds to our anxiety! I'm too scared to drink anymore for that very reason! 21st bday just passed & I was downtown, sober! Lol

I personally agree with you brookelynn
A one night "high" isn't worth it to me
And quite frankly, I can have just as much fun without

BrookeLynnnn
03-03-2014, 08:46 PM
I personally agree with you brookelynn A one night "high" isn't worth it to me And quite frankly, I can have just as much fun without

Yeap, exactly! :)

lorenzo18
03-03-2014, 08:55 PM
I agree, thats why I regretting the decision all day today. I guess it was good to find out so don't don't make that mistake again.

BrookeLynnnn
03-03-2014, 08:59 PM
I agree, thats why I regretting the decision all day today. I guess it was good to find out so don't don't make that mistake again.

Yes! You live, you learn! :)

bittersweetgirl
03-03-2014, 09:09 PM

I've made that mistake a few too many times :). But I've learned my lesson and now I have no problem at all limiting my drinking in social situations. Totally not worth the extra anxiety. I do have an issue with occasional self-medication with alcohol though (alone), and that's just bad all around. But... the extreme anxiety is there regardless in those situations, so it's a bit different (not good to drink then, but different issue - trouble regulating emotions/impulses).

No need to bring on more anxiety though with drinking, if you can limit it! I have MUCH more fun going out if I stay sober, and am fine the next day (well, at least not more anxious than usual).