PDA

View Full Version : can't stay asleep, help!

kaye
03-03-2014, 11:59 AM
The last week i've been waking up in a panic every couple of hours (this has always happened but seems to be getting a lot more frequent), sometimes its because of a dream but sometimes i just wake up terrified and it takes ages to nod off again. Then after a while i'm wide awake and in fear yet again. This never happens when i'm at my boyfriend's, only when i'm at home. I think this is why i'm getting headaches during the day, does anyone have any advice?

kaye
03-03-2014, 12:04 PM
what's otc? i'm on so much medication atm, not sure if more will help :(

jessed03
03-03-2014, 12:09 PM
What meds are you on?

Over the counter remedies are pretty harmless, worth a shot maybe.

petrified
03-03-2014, 12:12 PM
The last week i've been waking up in a panic every couple of hours (this has always happened but seems to be getting a lot more frequent), sometimes its because of a dream but sometimes i just wake up terrified and it takes ages to nod off again. Then after a while i'm wide awake and in fear yet again. This never happens when i'm at my boyfriend's, only when i'm at home. I think this is why i'm getting headaches during the day, does anyone have any advice?

Hi Kaye have you tried getting up when you wake up? Sometimes I find it best to just get up and not fight the sleep. I usually get up make myself a drink and try again.

Cimi
03-03-2014, 02:23 PM
take some valerian root it is amazing and totaly bio

kaye
03-04-2014, 05:02 AM
i'm on propranolol, antidepressants and dianette tablets.

thanks everyone for your help, i will try your suggestions :)

petrified
03-04-2014, 02:35 PM
i'm on propranolol, antidepressants and dianette tablets.

thanks everyone for your help, i will try your suggestions :)

What dose propranolol are you taking? My hubby had them for a different medical condition and his sleep patterns are crap. Just wondering if it could be them making you have disturbed sleep

kaye
03-05-2014, 08:37 AM
I usually take 10mg three times a day, but if i feel more anxious or if i have to go out i take 40mg.
i've never had this much bother with sleeping so it could be the meds but my anxiety has got worse the last couple of weeks so i'm not sure :/