PDA

View Full Version : Wake up feeling awful...

needtogetwell
03-03-2014, 03:46 AM
Hi everyone, am I the only one who wakes up every day feeling like I want to jump out if my skin?

Seems like every day, especially work days I get up just before the alarm goes off and feel terrible. Nausea, stressed out and all together miserable.

I rarely feel like I am well rested even if I sleep for 7-8 hours. It takes almost an hour for me to settle down and get on with my day.

I have a decent job which I do like, so I shouldn't be anxious about going to work. Gave up all forms of caffeine ages ago so I shouldn't be all jumpy. Plus coffee and caffeine makes my heart race which sends me into an anxiety attack.

Does anyone else have this difficulty in the mornings? Just can't figure out what's going on.

Curtis D
03-03-2014, 08:34 AM
this about sums up my every morning without a doubt. i just try and move forward .. some days are better than others but for the most part its just about everyday .

bittersweetgirl
03-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Hi everyone, am I the only one who wakes up every day feeling like I want to jump out if my skin?

Seems like every day, especially work days I get up just before the alarm goes off and feel terrible. Nausea, stressed out and all together miserable.

I rarely feel like I am well rested even if I sleep for 7-8 hours. It takes almost an hour for me to settle down and get on with my day.

I have a decent job which I do like, so I shouldn't be anxious about going to work. Gave up all forms of caffeine ages ago so I shouldn't be all jumpy. Plus coffee and caffeine makes my heart race which sends me into an anxiety attack.

Does anyone else have this difficulty in the mornings? Just can't figure out what's going on.

Yes (except I supplement with coffee!). I wake up in a panic about what I'm forgetting to do, and don't really know where I am, or what day/time it is (I figure it out very quickly, but the anxiety lasts for a while after). This has started recently. I really don't know what it means or how to fix it, except to lower our overall anxiety level (ha, so easily done! ;) ).

There's an iphone app called "Sleep Cycle" that will wake you up with gentle music at the right point in your sleep cycle... maybe think of trying something like that? I too wake up before the alarm quite a bit (with anxiety), but this app should be able to notice that you're close to waking up, and then you can pick raindrops or whatever pleasant noise to wake to. I have the app, and it works well - just haven't used it in a while.

Michael p
03-03-2014, 08:54 AM
What you need to know is that you are not alone with this. I hate to hear or see anyone else having to deal with this evil way of life, but the fact of the matter is, I rise, more often than not, feeling like I just got done running a marathon, and yes, ready to unzip my skin and jump out into a new world-wishful thinking! Try your best to reflect on your life, (not dwell on it), and figure out what may be adding to these feelings-many days and nights there is no rhyme or reason to it at all. Exercise, even if it's very mild. I find that staying active and keeping your mind busy is the best defense. It takes all I got to go down and workout, but I'm ALWAYS thankful I did when I am done. Sometimes this is the only hour I get any reprieve from the living hell a lot of us deal with. Stay strong!! You are not alone!!

needtogetwell
03-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the replies. Glad I'm not the only one living with this horror.

Bittersweet, I saw that app. Will have to give it a try. Can't stand to be woken up with a jarring sound.

Love the exercise idea, I did work out more when the weather was good, but like many of us here we are experiencing the never ending cold miserable winter. I intend to get back to it when I can get out more.

For now I'll carry on and remember that my days may start out rocky but they do usually get better!

Thanks again all
Cheers!!

bittersweetgirl
03-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the replies. Glad I'm not the only one living with this horror.

Bittersweet, I saw that app. Will have to give it a try. Can't stand to be woken up with a jarring sound.

Love the exercise idea, I did work out more when the weather was good, but like many of us here we are experiencing the never ending cold miserable winter. I intend to get back to it when I can get out more.

For now I'll carry on and remember that my days may start out rocky but they do usually get better!

Thanks again all
Cheers!!

Just be sure to turn the volume way up if you use the gentle sounds on Sleep Cycle ... I couldn't hear it at my usual volume, since the phone is tucked under the sheets!

Same here with the weather - can't wait to just walk down the darn block without risking frostbite or a slip on the ice.

Cimi
03-03-2014, 10:39 AM
it all temporary. i remember in my whole life i woke up like 3 times feeling like i want to. never woke up rested even when i was doing fine, prior to my anxiety. it is just like that and i accept it. nothing wrong in here. u just have to work through those 2-3 hours after waking up and train your mind and body to be active. i recommend some mild exercises after waking up and then eating some nutrient food.

needtogetwell
03-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Lol! Bittersweet!! Can so relate to ice and frostbite. I'll be happy to have the 6 foot high pile of snow gone from the end of my driveway, not to mention the waist deep snow on the rest of the lawn. There isn't enough Ativan around to help me if we get another major snowfall!

bittersweetgirl
03-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Lol! Bittersweet!! Can so relate to ice and frostbite. I'll be happy to have the 6 foot high pile of snow gone from the end of my driveway, not to mention the waist deep snow on the rest of the lawn. There isn't enough Ativan around to help me if we get another major snowfall!

Ha! I hear you on that. I am so done!!!