PDA

View Full Version : Food and Xanax

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Does it matter if I eat before I take it or not? I read some people get dizzy if they don't eat & then some don't feel the effect of the Xanax if they do eat.. Well what the heck lol. What's everyone's experience?

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 11:11 AM
I just realizes the first night I took my first xanax, I had only ate about 6 bites of some rice & then yesterday I had a whole piece of pizza before & thought it didn't feel like it did before.. Hmmmm

bittersweetgirl
03-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Does it matter if I eat before I take it or not? I read some people get dizzy if they don't eat & then some don't feel the effect of the Xanax if they do eat.. Well what the heck lol. What's everyone's experience?

Oddly, I've taken it for years and never noticed a difference! On occasion it does make me a bit sick to my stomach - might be similar to the dizziness people report (food would help with that).

I'm on day two of trying to take my Wellbutrin in 2 doses of 100 mg each (200 mg daily), as opposed to 150 mg daily at once. So far I've only been able to take that first dose - then I get hit by dizziness and nausea. Thought it was from drinking alcohol yesterday, but I've had none of that today, and am having the same symptoms (though not as bad!). So it's less Wellbutrin, but more sickness? So confusing!

alfred24
03-02-2014, 12:33 PM
No I don't believe you need to eat before relaxing it. When I was prescribed Xanax, I was directed to take it when I felt I might panic,kind of like an emergency pill. So obviously I didn't have to eat or anything prior to taking it

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Oddly, I've taken it for years and never noticed a difference! On occasion it does make me a bit sick to my stomach - might be similar to the dizziness people report (food would help with that). I'm on day two of trying to take my Wellbutrin in 2 doses of 100 mg each (200 mg daily), as opposed to 150 mg daily at once. So far I've only been able to take that first dose - then I get hit by dizziness and nausea. Thought it was from drinking alcohol yesterday, but I've had none of that today, and am having the same symptoms (though not as bad!). So it's less Wellbutrin, but more sickness? So confusing!

Hmmm okay.. Yes it sucks starting up on new meds or trying something diff & not knowing how you'll feel.. I hate that part! :( hope you feel better!

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 12:39 PM
No I don't believe you need to eat before relaxing it. When I was prescribed Xanax, I was directed to take it when I felt I might panic,kind of like an emergency pill. So obviously I didn't have to eat or anything prior to taking it

Okay.. I got mine from urgent care & wasn't told really how to take it. But for now, I'm on week 2 of prozac & it was making me feel really anxious all day which is why I got the xanax..

alfred24
03-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Okay.. I got mine from urgent care & wasn't told really how to take it. But for now, I'm on week 2 of prozac & it was making me feel really anxious all day which is why I got the xanax... Idk how the word "relaxing" got in there. I meant "taking" lol. Anyway, yea I was told to take it when I really felt I needed to. I guess a lot people can become dependent on it when taken regularly over a long period of time

bittersweetgirl
03-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Hmmm okay.. Yes it sucks starting up on new meds or trying something diff & not knowing how you'll feel.. I hate that part! :( hope you feel better!

Thanks, and I hope you get to feeling better too! I've got a shelf full of attempted meds that I had to abandon (I need to turn those in the pharmacy to dispose).

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 12:49 PM
. Idk how the word "relaxing" got in there. I meant "taking" lol. Anyway, yea I was told to take it when I really felt I needed to. I guess a lot people can become dependent on it when taken regularly over a long period of time

Lol I figured!! Okay thanks!! :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks, and I hope you get to feeling better too! I've got a shelf full of attempted meds that I had to abandon (I need to turn those in the pharmacy to dispose).

Thank you!! This is my first real time trying meds.. Thought I could do it on my own before but now I need a little help! :)

BlessedMom
03-02-2014, 12:57 PM
I just realizes the first night I took my first xanax, I had only ate about 6 bites of some rice & then yesterday I had a whole piece of pizza before & thought it didn't feel like it did before.. Hmmmm

for me it makes no difference but not everyone reacts the same :) or maybe its in our heads ;) Anyways, there is no blanket answer to this. Do what works for you...and stop worrying you aren't doing it right! lol You had great success this weekend, enjoy it!

BlessedMom
03-02-2014, 12:58 PM
fyi you are not going to become dependent on .25 mg of Xanax :) I promise!!

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 01:01 PM
for me it makes no difference but not everyone reacts the same :) or maybe its in our heads ;) Anyways, there is no blanket answer to this. Do what works for you...and stop worrying you aren't doing it right! lol You had great success this weekend, enjoy it!

Stop worrying.. Hardest thing ever! Lol but you're right & slowly but surely I'm trying! :) thank you for the kind words! :)

BlessedMom
03-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Stop worrying.. Hardest thing ever! Lol but you're right & slowly but surely I'm trying! :) thank you for the kind words! :)

haha I get it, stop worrying does sound stupid doesn't it LOL

sazco
03-02-2014, 01:15 PM
when i was prescribed xanex .50 i didnt know what to expect but i took it and felt fine for the day. doesnt matter if u take it with food or not.

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 03:52 PM
haha I get it, stop worrying does sound stupid doesn't it LOL

Lol!! Only when I hear it from people who don't have anxiety.. I'm like, oh you have noooo idea!! Lol!

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 03:53 PM
when i was prescribed xanex .50 i didnt know what to expect but i took it and felt fine for the day. doesnt matter if u take it with food or not.

Oh good to know! Thanks :)

BlessedMom
03-03-2014, 06:36 AM
Lol!! Only when I hear it from people who don't have anxiety.. I'm like, oh you have noooo idea!! Lol!

ROFL that is sooooo true, when "they" say it I can't help but roll my eyes lol

BrookeLynnnn
03-03-2014, 10:20 AM
ROFL that is sooooo true, when "they" say it I can't help but roll my eyes lol

Haha seriously!!!