PDA

View Full Version : As of today i have lived anxiety for 1 year

Johnnn
03-02-2014, 02:05 AM
This time last year i woke up feeling extremely nauseous and anxious, till this day i have still have no idea what the root cause of my anxiety is and why it randomly had to hit me one night. Everything was perfect, doing well at school, had a girlfriend, was fit, happy, healthy and confident. It's as if my brain decided that things were too good and said "LOL nope" and gave me severe anxiety which still effects me to this day. Basically before my anxiety i would barely ever feel nervous and if i did it wouldnt be that bad. Now if i feel even the smallest amount of nervousness or stress i will immediately become nauseas and feel light headed. My anxiety is really weird. I will feel extremely anxious on Mondays during school then the anxiety will feel better every single day and by Friday i barely feel anxious at all and then the cycle repeats again. It's as if my brain completely forgets that school in not a dangerous place and i have to re-adapt every single week. I will admit my anxiety had gotten better and i have taken no medication for it at all (don't plan to). although taking pills feels very tempting, it feels like the easy way out and doesnt really fix the problem. So why am i writing this? i don't even know i guess im feeling upset knowing that if anxiety has been with me for a year then it can be with me for 10 years or potentially the rest of my life. I really dont want to feel this way all my life. My brain just doesnt seem to adapt, I can do something 100 times and still feel anxious doing it, while a normal person will just adapt and it stops bothering them. Will i ever get better? Could this be just a puberty thing? If it is a puberty thing would it really last a whole year?

AmberGbenga
03-02-2014, 02:56 AM
It could be the stresses bought on by puberty... Like extra testosterone making you feel more emotions.. The fact of the matter is this is YOU, you made IT. And my it or as I know like to calm him storm he isn't the bad guy... All he wants to do is keep you safe! He is the part of you that worries, stresses, gets angry, gets sad all those yucky feelings.. So you could imagine why he fires up sometimes because he has all this built in him.... We all have a storm.. Some people have rain, others have lightening, some thunder and us in the forume.. We have storm. Mixing all three together making everything HORRIBLE! What you need to do is lay down.. Listen to the rain and thunder.. Watch the lightening.. Let it relax you.. Why? It is trying to tell you something! So listen, watch, relax... You will learn what your body or 'storm' is trying to tell you... Maybe your over working, maybe your under working, maybe your upset about something, maybe your so bloody happy that you fear it can't last much longer and fear for what if something happens... But remember EVERY STORM PASSES. So what it and learn from it... Befriend it, because he is just trying to tell you something.