PDA

View Full Version : Does facing your anxiety fears make anxiety go away? If so, why is medication used?

Fever11
03-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Why is medication used then?

BrookeLynnnn
03-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I think by facing your fears that means to go with the panic attack & sit through it.. To show yourself that it's just a feeling that only lasts for a tiny amount of time.. I've read a lot of stories from people who do that & overcome their fears of it.. My case, I can't allow myself to do that! So, medication for me for now.. I've tried to sit through the panic attack but it's pretty hard to do.

Niicole Lynne
03-01-2014, 08:54 PM
I think by facing your fears that means to go with the panic attack & sit through it.. To show yourself that it's just a feeling that only lasts for a tiny amount of time.. I've read a lot of stories from people who do that & overcome their fears of it.. My case, I can't allow myself to do that! So, medication for me for now.. I've tried to sit through the panic attack but it's pretty hard to do.

I agree
Sometimes you just can't do it alone right away and I personally believe if medication can make you happy and function with other help from counsellors then why not

Niicole Lynne
03-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes it does but anxiety is not just about fears and anyone that tries to tell you other wise needs to go educate themselves . Anxiety is about over stimulation of the nerves system and this is what needs to be seen. There is so many different levels and effects and this is what need to be found in order to find the best treatment . For example someone may have anxiety from life , stuff that can not be dealt with and may need help in the short to long term to help them cope or they may need it for ever . Then on the other hand there could be a general anxiety which has come about from not learn how to handle life and that CBT would help a person for dealing with changing the way they think . When it comes down to it is is never as simply as a pill but often that pill can play a huge part in helping someone move on .

^^ well said :)