PDA

View Full Version : Feeling bad, needing to talk

Damaged77
03-01-2014, 07:36 PM
If anyone is up late, I work third shift tonight and would like to chat with someone if you are up to it. Feeling a bit crazed tonight.

dcchs
03-01-2014, 07:44 PM
why r u feelin craaa?

Damaged77
03-01-2014, 08:05 PM
It happens mostly at night when I'm trying to wind down and I sit here and the mind races and I find a bump or a mark and then I start to worry about what it is

Niicole Lynne
03-01-2014, 08:55 PM
It happens mostly at night when I'm trying to wind down and I sit here and the mind races and I find a bump or a mark and then I start to worry about what it is

Welcome to the night owl club <3 there's. Few of us on here who have trouble sleeping

bittersweetgirl
03-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Here for you! I'm already starting my freak-out.

Niicole Lynne
03-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Here for you! I'm already starting my freak-out.

Julie how did your night go??
Don't freak out guys
It'll be okay <3

bittersweetgirl
03-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Julie how did your night go??
Don't freak out guys
It'll be okay <3

Niicole, it was just okay... I had a lot of anxiety, and luckily we got to leave early because of the bad weather. I don't know. I kind of feel worse now :(. It was a struggle to get through the night, even though I talked to my friend who is also in bad shape, and then another friend who talked about how much his bipolar disorder and depression sucks. So I'm not alone... but yeah, freaking out. Thanks for asking :)

doubleA
03-01-2014, 09:27 PM
This is my night shift week so if all goes well I will be up all night

Niicole Lynne
03-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Niicole, it was just okay... I had a lot of anxiety, and luckily we got to leave early because of the bad weather. I don't know. I kind of feel worse now :(. It was a struggle to get through the night, even though I talked to my friend who is also in bad shape, and then another friend who talked about how much his bipolar disorder and depression sucks. So I'm not alone... but yeah, freaking out. Thanks for asking :)

The good thing is that you took a chance and that in itself is a huge step! Don't think of it as a setback!!!
If you need to talk message me :)

Damaged77
I started my freak out as well. I had to sit down a moment :(

Niicole Lynne

Here for you :)

bittersweetgirl
03-01-2014, 09:29 PM
The good thing is that you took a chance and that in itself is a huge step! Don't think of it as a setback!!!
If you need to talk message me :)

That is true :). I didn't want to go, and was an hour and a half late -but made it anyway. Thanks for the support!

bittersweetgirl
03-01-2014, 09:33 PM

At least we're freaking out together on the forum! Makes me feel less alone. I hate this. I can take xanax, but afraid it'll knock me out too early and then I'll wake up at 3 AM -and that's NOT pretty.

Maybe try to breathe deeply and slowly. That's what they keep telling me at my outpatient program. I don't really breathe (not deeply).

Damaged77
03-01-2014, 09:36 PM
:( I do the breathing, lol trust me! I am glad I found this forum and I am able to talk to people going through the same things. And you're right it seems like you are less alone :)

bittersweetgirl
03-01-2014, 09:47 PM
:( I do the breathing, lol trust me! I am glad I found this forum and I am able to talk to people going through the same things. And you're right it seems like you are less alone :)

Crap, and the breathing doesn't help? I don't know why that cracked me up. :) No easy solution, is there...

Damaged77
03-01-2014, 09:55 PM
The breathing works sometimes. I would rather do that, than I have to take an anxiety pill.

Damaged77
03-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Does the breathing work for you?

bittersweetgirl
03-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Does the breathing work for you?

It doesn't really work, no. Not enough, anyway. I guess it helps with some physical symptoms, but my mind still races. I suppose it has to be part of a bunch of things I can do to calm myself down.

Damaged77
03-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Yea! My mind races and I get stuck on certain things and then I obsess about them and then I'm up all night. I've been trying to find some other ways to calm myself down besides breathing. What are some of the things you do to calm yourself?

bittersweetgirl
03-02-2014, 02:57 AM
Breathing will not work when you are there . It is about not getting there to start with .

Look into doing some meditation thoughout the day . The better you feel means you should still be doing it .

Nothing in this game is about stopping anxiety, its about not getting that bad to start with

Sooner you start your tool box the better :)

That's so true, and my doc told me that - about how we need to work on not getting that bad to start with. Tool box/arsenal - gotta have it! Meditation is great if you can do it, from what I hear - I struggle with intrusive thoughts if I try (not that I won't try it in the future when I'm calmer). I do better with yoga (feels like mediation to me). I'm working on visualization, like imagining myself as a strong mountain unaffected by the bad weather, winds, etc. I'm talking myself down from impulsive actions, I've set some strict limits with people in my life (personal need for me), I'm reading a book on childhood trauma to work through some things... working on the foundations like getting enough sleep (issues there!!), eating right, and exercise. Inspiring or funny quotes help me a LOT - I'm posting those around my house :)