PDA

View Full Version : Bad weekend, i need some cheering up!

Amy Smith
03-01-2014, 03:48 PM
This weekend just hasnt been my best friend haha. Arguing with my fiance about my panic disorder, being told to act normal really puts me down. Anybody have something to cheer me up :)

lucy88
03-01-2014, 03:49 PM
I have that from my partner annoys me so much thinks there is nothing wrong because I look ok!!

Amy Smith
03-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Yup!!! He doesnt understand it because he has never been through anxiety or panic. Really makes me question a lot because ill always have this but this is newish for me (hasnt been a year) just hoping i learn to cope better with it.

NixonRulz
03-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Hmmmm. Never asked someone to cheer me up when I felt like my girlfriend/wife were being let's say, unreasonable

I would just go out with my friends and drink too much. Better to have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

But I will take a wild guess that you may not drink. And that is probably a good thing

People's virginity never stood a chance drinking Boone's Farm as teenagers

So in your case, I think revenge is a good route to take

Don't really hurt him. Just wound him a little! LOL

jessed03
03-01-2014, 04:36 PM
And I just beat her at words with friends. :( Some weeks you're the pigeon. Other weeks you're the statue.

amers85
03-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi Amy

Normal is what exactly? Here it is clear that anxiety is not as abnormal as your fiancé may think. 25% of people are likely to be affected by a mental health issue at some time in their life. (14 is best at confirming statistics on the forum) however that is what I read on many mental health sites.

I would remind your fiancé of that perhaps and that there is no such thing as a perfect mould. You will do your best I've no doubt, to get your life as you wish it to be. Strive to be that person. Not someone else's idea of what normal looks like.

Your anxiety and panic disorder is one part of you, not the whole you. I bet you've got loads to be proud of about yourself. Don't be disheartened by unthinking comments ok. :)

Thank you, Frankie :) he just thinks he is perfect and Im some crazy person. Really wish he understood me and didn't say such ass remarks. He's fed up with dealing with me, which makes me down and wonder what any good am I.

amers85
03-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Hmmmm. Never asked someone to cheer me up when I felt like my girlfriend/wife were being let's say, unreasonable

I would just go out with my friends and drink too much. Better to have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

But I will take a wild guess that you may not drink. And that is probably a good thing

People's virginity never stood a chance drinking Boone's Farm as teenagers

So in your case, I think revenge is a good route to take

Don't really hurt him. Just wound him a little! LOL

Nixon, drink some for me :) these days are the ones where I wish I did drink

amers85
03-01-2014, 07:27 PM
And I just beat her at words with friends. :( Some weeks you're the pigeon. Other weeks you're the statue.

You're winning streak will end, soon my friend.