PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety video

Ashlee13x
03-01-2014, 02:59 PM
i decided to make this video to share my experience with anxiety. If you get a moment please can you watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdzPMi1yQoE

jessed03
03-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Says no videos available when I opened it.

Anyone else?

Ashlee13x
03-01-2014, 03:02 PM
grrrrrrrrr

Ashlee13x
03-01-2014, 03:03 PM

try this one

jessed03
03-01-2014, 03:04 PM

try this one

Works perfectly. I'll watch now. :)

If you don't say oi in it, I'm voting down ;)

jessed03
03-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Wow, it's making me sad so far! :(

Ashlee13x
03-01-2014, 03:11 PM
ahhh i'm sorry turkleton

Enduronman
03-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Excellent presentation Ashlee..you have come sooooo far friend and we can all see it too!..

Keep that positive attitude that you have, and share it with us sometimes too!!

We're all proud of you... :)

E-Man.

delboy
03-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Great video very positive, I think that it sums it all up

dcchs
03-01-2014, 07:46 PM
good stuff

NixonRulz
03-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Ashlee. How awesome are you ?

You took me for a ride of many emotions

I thought I knew most of your story and that filled in any blanks

So sad about the death all it once it seemed of you family

But you still remain positive

I don't know how much this will touch others and help them

But I do know that this video helped you to move even further in the right direction than you already have

And you UK people out there. You may not know this

You all have the coolest accents ever

Yeah yeah, I know you don't have accents, we do

Whatever. I like the way you all sound

Ashlee. Well done.

Great things coming you way.

jessed03
03-02-2014, 03:39 AM
I could have sworn I responded to this.

Anyway, I said really good vid, very well delivered. I actually lived some of your story with you as you told it :)

Ashlee13x
03-02-2014, 03:48 AM
Thanks so much everyone :)

Ashlee13x
03-02-2014, 03:49 AM
Very interesting thank you .

Wanted to ask you , Do you have reflux ? or is it the dried mouth ?

No, I always have a dry mouth… really irritating!

Ashlee13x
03-02-2014, 03:51 AM
Ashlee. How awesome are you ?

You took me for a ride of many emotions

I thought I knew most of your story and that filled in any blanks

So sad about the death all it once it seemed of you family

But you still remain positive

I don't know how much this will touch others and help them

But I do know that this video helped you to move even further in the right direction than you already have

And you UK people out there. You may not know this

You all have the coolest accents ever

Yeah yeah, I know you don't have accents, we do

Whatever. I like the way you all sound

Ashlee. Well done.

Great things coming you way.

Thanks Nixon!! that was the aim and I hoped it helped everyone!!! Hhahahahaha a lot of you guys from the US!!!

Hope you are okay!!!

Ashlee13x
03-02-2014, 03:52 AM
I could have sworn I responded to this.

Anyway, I said really good vid, very well delivered. I actually lived some of your story with you as you told it :)

Thanks JD!! I felt awkward when I was making it, hence the lack of eye contact to the camera

jkb
03-02-2014, 04:20 AM
Hey Ashlee. Interesting story to hear and how it affected you, I can relate to much of it, other than you have been through a hell of a lot more than I ever did for the anxiety to kick in - a very upsetting series of events, but life goes on, and you still have a positive attitude to get better which is key.

Therapy isn't for everyone, stick with the medication and continually discuss medication options with your doctor, it's so important to help your brain function properly so you can handle life normally!
You're hit with a lot of depression so it seems too, but it's really understandable from what you have been through.

Support is so hard to find. The word "over-dramatic" is horrible to hear from someone else, who doesn't understand how you feel, it is extremely difficult for others to understand and we must stay calm about this because I find it's quite easy to get frustrated with people. But then I try to remember they just don't and can't know how it feels. I've had people around me say things like this, and it fuels rage in me haha.

Stick with your meds Ashlee! If they don't take enough affect after 1-2 months then discuss changing them! It takes so long to find one that works for us sometimes, I was a lucky one and started on Citalopram 5mg and haven't needed to change the dosage at all after 2-3 months making very good progress.

I'm a filmmaker so you may find this short abstract video I made based on my feelings of anxiety interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02Axb0VHQg

Ashlee13x
03-02-2014, 06:40 AM
Hey Ashlee. Interesting story to hear and how it affected you, I can relate to much of it, other than you have been through a hell of a lot more than I ever did for the anxiety to kick in - a very upsetting series of events, but life goes on, and you still have a positive attitude to get better which is key.

Therapy isn't for everyone, stick with the medication and continually discuss medication options with your doctor, it's so important to help your brain function properly so you can handle life normally!
You're hit with a lot of depression so it seems too, but it's really understandable from what you have been through.

Support is so hard to find. The word "over-dramatic" is horrible to hear from someone else, who doesn't understand how you feel, it is extremely difficult for others to understand and we must stay calm about this because I find it's quite easy to get frustrated with people. But then I try to remember they just don't and can't know how it feels. I've had people around me say things like this, and it fuels rage in me haha.

Stick with your meds Ashlee! If they don't take enough affect after 1-2 months then discuss changing them! It takes so long to find one that works for us sometimes, I was a lucky one and started on Citalopram 5mg and haven't needed to change the dosage at all after 2-3 months making very good progress.

I'm a filmmaker so you may find this short abstract video I made based on my feelings of anxiety interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02Axb0VHQg

Thanks!! Yeah it has been really tough but I am slowly getting there!! I had docs on Tuesday and they have increased my dosage from 20mg to 40 mg!!! So fingers crossed this helps!!

yeah, I try not to get angry because he has a lot of issues to deal with too, like even worse than me and I don't completely understand what he's been/going through! Especially as he is a closed book!

That was a really cool video! I liked the upside down close up and the longshot of you laying on the bed… I could feel the anxiety but in a good way! If that makes sense!!

Ashlee13x
03-02-2014, 06:40 AM
Ash, thanks for making that video and sharing it with us here too. Sorry for your losses Ash.

Thank you Frankie!! :)

jkb
03-02-2014, 07:22 AM
Thanks!! Yeah it has been really tough but I am slowly getting there!! I had docs on Tuesday and they have increased my dosage from 20mg to 40 mg!!! So fingers crossed this helps!!

yeah, I try not to get angry because he has a lot of issues to deal with too, like even worse than me and I don't completely understand what he's been/going through! Especially as he is a closed book!

That was a really cool video! I liked the upside down close up and the longshot of you laying on the bed… I could feel the anxiety but in a good way! If that makes sense!!

Great well give it time, at least 2 weeks to take effect to see any actual results, then it'll get better increasingly for up to 6 months as you get more and more used to it!

Haha I'm afraid us blokes really are a closed book, we naturally don't talk about our feelings much and then anxiety on top makes it even more difficult for us, but I actively make the effort to talk about how I am feeling as part of my own rehabilitation.

BTW, exercise works wonders for my anxiety, I go to the gym 3x a week because I want to gain muscle and etc, the focus it takes and the endorphins it releases into the brain does absolute wonders, that and proper diet, all so helpful.

I'm glad you can appreciate it, that feeling we have all been through! That's what it felt like for me, build up to absolute chaos within minutes.

ldocherty93
03-02-2014, 08:08 AM
That video was great Ashlee, very touching courageous, i know i couldn't have done it. I am going the exact same as you. My anxiety started when i was 16 (4 years ago). It came on very suddenly, after a night of drinking. I had a hangover & all off a sudden i had a really bad panic attack that i thought was going to kill me. I never knew at the time that it was a panic attack, i just thought i was going to die. I must have phoned 999 at least 3 times within a couple of weeks which i now feel silly for. I couldn't go out the door without feeling panic so most of the time i was stuck in the house. I had terrible insomnia, i was too scared to go to sleep then i'd end up falling asleep about 8am. It was no way to live. I kept having at least one panic attack a day for a few weeks so i went to the doctors to see what was up with me.I got diagnosed with anxiety, the doctor said it was like a delayed from finding my mum dead when i was 14 & because i was young i took it in my stride & tried not to think about it now this was the out reaction come 2 years later. I got put on several tablets which i never found worked for me & eventually referred to therapy. It did help alot but i held a few things back instead of speaking about them which i regret but hey ho.

After that horrible time of anxiety i met my boyfriend, now fiancé in 2012 & everything changed! I got back into my sleeping pattern & i never had any more panic attacks. To be fair i never told him about it at the beginning because i didn't want to sound like a weirdo! After 4 months of no panic attacks & feeling happy i had one on the plane going to Ibiza & on the way back. I fell pregnant in Ibiza so i had to stop taking my tablets which i was a bit wary about as i was scared incase it all came back. Still not had another panic attack to this day, touch wood!

My anxiety has came back again & it's through the roof but this time it's health anxiety! Every twinge, pain, spot i worry about! I hate hate hate feeling like this. My daughter is 1 now & i should be able to enjoy her without all this constant worry about my health. I can't enjoy or look forward to anything we have planned. I try my hardest but it just doesn't work. This all stems back to my mum dying suddenly. My fiancé doesn't understand why i feel like this & even although he tells me everythings all right i know it's not. The only person that truely knows how i feel is me. I'm currently waiting to get another few sessions of therapy & i have the doctors tomorrow so hopefully i can get put back on tablets.

Your video has shown that although you might feel alone in this you're most definitely not! I don't mean it to sound weird but it's good to know that someone else somewhere shares a similar story. This forum is great aswell to talk to others & help people with their problems. It always makes me feel better once i've talked about my problems to people that understands the situation. Anyway enough about me, i hope everything works out for you hon :)

Ps. Sorry for the long post lol!

Ashlee13x
03-02-2014, 11:51 AM
That video was great Ashlee, very touching courageous, i know i couldn't have done it. I am going the exact same as you. My anxiety started when i was 16 (4 years ago). It came on very suddenly, after a night of drinking. I had a hangover & all off a sudden i had a really bad panic attack that i thought was going to kill me. I never knew at the time that it was a panic attack, i just thought i was going to die. I must have phoned 999 at least 3 times within a couple of weeks which i now feel silly for. I couldn't go out the door without feeling panic so most of the time i was stuck in the house. I had terrible insomnia, i was too scared to go to sleep then i'd end up falling asleep about 8am. It was no way to live. I kept having at least one panic attack a day for a few weeks so i went to the doctors to see what was up with me.I got diagnosed with anxiety, the doctor said it was like a delayed from finding my mum dead when i was 14 & because i was young i took it in my stride & tried not to think about it now this was the out reaction come 2 years later. I got put on several tablets which i never found worked for me & eventually referred to therapy. It did help alot but i held a few things back instead of speaking about them which i regret but hey ho.

After that horrible time of anxiety i met my boyfriend, now fiancé in 2012 & everything changed! I got back into my sleeping pattern & i never had any more panic attacks. To be fair i never told him about it at the beginning because i didn't want to sound like a weirdo! After 4 months of no panic attacks & feeling happy i had one on the plane going to Ibiza & on the way back. I fell pregnant in Ibiza so i had to stop taking my tablets which i was a bit wary about as i was scared incase it all came back. Still not had another panic attack to this day, touch wood!

My anxiety has came back again & it's through the roof but this time it's health anxiety! Every twinge, pain, spot i worry about! I hate hate hate feeling like this. My daughter is 1 now & i should be able to enjoy her without all this constant worry about my health. I can't enjoy or look forward to anything we have planned. I try my hardest but it just doesn't work. This all stems back to my mum dying suddenly. My fiancé doesn't understand why i feel like this & even although he tells me everythings all right i know it's not. The only person that truely knows how i feel is me. I'm currently waiting to get another few sessions of therapy & i have the doctors tomorrow so hopefully i can get put back on tablets.

Your video has shown that although you might feel alone in this you're most definitely not! I don't mean it to sound weird but it's good to know that someone else somewhere shares a similar story. This forum is great aswell to talk to others & help people with their problems. It always makes me feel better once i've talked about my problems to people that understands the situation. Anyway enough about me, i hope everything works out for you hon :)

Ps. Sorry for the long post lol!

Thank you sooo much for sharing that! I can not even begin to imagine what you went through finding your mum dead… agh words can't describe it but you seem strong!! I'm really happy that meeting your now fiancé has helped you through your anxiety… unfortunately for me, my anxiety came after I started my relationship with my boyfriend… not because of him but all the events that have happened have been after I met him. Congrats on your engagement and your lovely little girl!! Everyone keeps trying to get my boyfriend to propose to me haha… he wants a house first but one day!!!

I'm glad that you have shared your experience as I didn't know your story and now I feel I know you a bit better! I hope that things get better for you because you seem like a really lovely girl and I promise things will get better! We are the same age too!!!

If you ever need a chat feel free to message me! Are you from the UK?

:)

sazco
03-02-2014, 01:24 PM
i would watch if the linked worked on my iphone but it doesn't seem to be working right

jessed03
03-02-2014, 01:27 PM

try this one

Not even that one Sazco?

ldocherty93
03-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Thank you sooo much for sharing that! I can not even begin to imagine what you went through finding your mum dead… agh words can't describe it but you seem strong!! I'm really happy that meeting your now fiancé has helped you through your anxiety… unfortunately for me, my anxiety came after I started my relationship with my boyfriend… not because of him but all the events that have happened have been after I met him. Congrats on your engagement and your lovely little girl!! Everyone keeps trying to get my boyfriend to propose to me haha… he wants a house first but one day!!!

I'm glad that you have shared your experience as I didn't know your story and now I feel I know you a bit better! I hope that things get better for you because you seem like a really lovely girl and I promise things will get better! We are the same age too!!!

If you ever need a chat feel free to message me! Are you from the UK?

:)

I try my hardest, it's all I can do. Yeah it was a blessing meeting him but he's that laid back he's almost horizontal lol! Nothing seems to faze him. Aww god i can imagine, sorry for your losses btw. Thank you! I wasn't expecting him to propose bit on Christmas day he popped the question :) ahh i'm sure he'll have thought about, maybe just waitin for he right time and of course for yous to get your house together in the future. We've just moved into our first house together a couple of weeks ago actually.

I just thought i would share my experiance as you did although i couldn't have done a video lol. Thank you, i hope they do aswell! You seem lovely aswell hon! Aww are we, coincidence! Yeah i will do hon, you aswell! I'm only a message away. Yeah i'm from Scotland, you?

sazco
03-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Not even that one Sazco?yeah that one worked thanks ;)

davelow81
03-03-2014, 04:54 AM
I can totally relate to how you explain you feel with your attacks. Hope you can get to a good place with it soon. Sometimes its just too much for me maybe one day!