PDA

View Full Version : Scared of letting go

MicheleHK
03-01-2014, 02:14 AM
Have been watching / reading a lot of self help books / films.

I'm all for the positive thinking etc but the thought of my anxiety going makes me anxious! Crazy I know.

It has been my companion for many years the thought of how limitless my life could be makes me anxious.

Applecherry
03-01-2014, 02:26 AM
If your anxiety really went away you wouldn't even be anxious about "not being anxious", if that makes sense? Anyway, right now you are just ruminating over your bad, "what if" thoughts, try to dismiss them and relax.

MicheleHK
03-01-2014, 02:44 AM
I feel like I'm just talking myself out of moving in - letting my anxiety win

bittersweetgirl
03-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Have been watching / reading a lot of self help books / films.

I'm all for the positive thinking etc but the thought of my anxiety going makes me anxious! Crazy I know.

It has been my companion for many years the thought of how limitless my life could be makes me anxious.

I'm reading a book on trauma that I desperately need to read. I have to stop every few pages and take a break (for days, sometimes!) because I get completely anxious. The author is so right on - I guess it scares me or something. I don't quite understand it - I'd love to let this anxiety loosen its grip on me, but maybe I'm actually holding on like you said. Keep pushing through - that's what I'm doing, at whatever pace I can.

Sometimes all the talking about thinking positively and such make me feel guilty - maybe you could find some more comforting reading materials and films.