PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown

BrookeLynnnn
02-27-2014, 10:03 PM
I was having anxiety all day due to my prozac (I'm pretty sure) so a little while ago when I tried to lay down, it was unbearable!! Went to Urgent Care & he prescribed me .25 xanax...

I'll take it before bed & hopefully it'll put me to sleep! I have never taken xanax before.

Enduronman
02-27-2014, 10:25 PM
just take the xanax, Ive taken it everyday for 8 yrs...gnite. :)

NixonRulz
02-28-2014, 05:40 AM
I am assuming you slept like a baby, or at least hope so

Xanax is pretty magical when it comes to something that calms you down really quick

Hope it helped

trinidiva
02-28-2014, 06:28 AM
Yes, it definitely will put you to sleep....or try a big cup of chamomile tea.

BrookeLynnnn
02-28-2014, 03:31 PM
I did fall asleep quick! I did wake up once during the night.. Worried a little & then fell right back to sleep!

NixonRulz
02-28-2014, 03:46 PM
last night a success

Tonight should be even better since you are comfortable taking the xanax

Well done

BrookeLynnnn
02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
Oh good! :)

bittersweetgirl
02-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Glad you slept! I take 1 mg of xanax 3 times a day (for now). It works quickly, and I need it at the moment.

BrookeLynnnn
02-28-2014, 05:06 PM
What mg did you start at?

bittersweetgirl
02-28-2014, 06:50 PM
What mg did you start at?

I actually don't remember. I've been taking it off and on for so many years - it definitely was a lower dosage to start. I almost never take it regularly like this, thoughout the day - I was taking it as needed. I'm worried that with this more regular dose, I'll get accustomed to it and need more to have an effect - but at this point, I've got to get a grip on my anxiety.

BrookeLynnnn
02-28-2014, 06:54 PM
I want to take it throughout the day because right now waiting for my prozac to start working is hell.

Applecherry
02-28-2014, 06:57 PM
I don't know how similar Ativan is to Xanax, I have been wanting to try it, kind of, but, my doctor prescribed me Ativan, so that's what I've got. I have a doctor's appointment Monday, the discussion is probably going to be about my Zoloft since it's been 6 months. *stomach in butterflies* I hate going to the doctor.. :(

BrookeLynnnn
02-28-2014, 07:04 PM
How's the Ativan work for you? I know a friend who has had a successful time on that!

bittersweetgirl
03-01-2014, 07:55 AM
I want to take it throughout the day because right now waiting for my prozac to start working is hell.

You can always ask, and should ask for sure - no need to suffer! Some (most?) doctors are very cautious about it because of the potential for addiction and all that (it's not THAT common, and most people don't become addicted, but there's this automatic association). There are other benzos that some docs feel are less addictive - I think ativan is one. Of course it never worked for me.

Until I met a few true addicts, I worried that maybe I had a problem since I needed the xanax, but then I realized that people who are addicted are in a very very different world (talking about "bars" and stuff - I didn't even know what that was... I think it's like a chunk of xanax).

anxietycat
03-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Ativan is awesome - it's definitely my benzo of choice when I need something

BrookeLynnnn
03-01-2014, 10:26 AM
You can always ask, and should ask for sure - no need to suffer! Some (most?) doctors are very cautious about it because of the potential for addiction and all that (it's not THAT common, and most people don't become addicted, but there's this automatic association). There are other benzos that some docs feel are less addictive - I think ativan is one. Of course it never worked for me. Until I met a few true addicts, I worried that maybe I had a problem since I needed the xanax, but then I realized that people who are addicted are in a very very different world (talking about "bars" and stuff - I didn't even know what that was... I think it's like a chunk of xanax).

You're right! I'm on my second week of prozac & this week has given me anxiety!!! Which is a common side effect.. So, I figured the Xanax could help until my prozac kicked in all the way & didn't make me feel like this..