PDA

View Full Version : New member here :)

Eli337
02-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Hey everyone :) I'm new to this site so I thought I'd make a thread to introduce myself and tell you all a little bit about my situation. My name is Eli and I'm an 18 year old guy living in Ireland with an extreme love for video games, film, skating and music. Very basic and straight forward but that pretty much sums me up :P With that out of the way I guess I better get to the reason of why I joined this site.

I have bad anxiety and suffer from anxiety attacks. To be honest, I don't know when it started. I was pretty sure it started over 2 years ago after a bit of a rough patch in my life but I now recall having anxiety attacks as a kid but not having really any other symptoms. (BTW is that strange?)
It's kinda difficult to describe how it feels. A lot of the time I feel completely hopeless, mentally and physically drained with a lack of motivation to do anything. I feel like I'm always looking over my shoulder, waiting for something horrible to happen. I feel like everyone's watching me as I walk down the street. If I see people laughing and looking in my general direction, I assume they must be laughing at me. If I try and call somebody and their phone is dead, I think the worst. I feel like my mind is rarely at ease.

Well, anyways, I'm glad I joined the site and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

Niicole Lynne
02-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Hey everyone :) I'm new to this site so I thought I'd make a thread to introduce myself and tell you all a little bit about my situation. My name is Eli and I'm an 18 year old guy living in Ireland with an extreme love for video games, film, skating and music. Very basic and straight forward but that pretty much sums me up :P With that out of the way I guess I better get to the reason of why I joined this site. I have bad anxiety and suffer from anxiety attacks. To be honest, I don't know when it started. I was pretty sure it started over 2 years ago after a bit of a rough patch in my life but I now recall having anxiety attacks as a kid but not having really any other symptoms. (BTW is that strange?) It's kinda difficult to describe how it feels. A lot of the time I feel completely hopeless, mentally and physically drained with a lack of motivation to do anything. I feel like I'm always looking over my shoulder, waiting for something horrible to happen. I feel like everyone's watching me as I walk down the street. If I see people laughing and looking in my general direction, I assume they must be laughing at me. If I try and call somebody and their phone is dead, I think the worst. I feel like my mind is rarely at ease. Well, anyways, I'm glad I joined the site and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

Welcome
I don't particularly share your same anxiety but there is a lot of awesome people on here
Good luck

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the site bud. Lots of ppl have similar stories. Were all here for support. Anytime you need to talk about anything, message or start a thread. I have similar feelings like I'm always worrying. Mind races. You're not alone. Again welcome :)

Eli337
02-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Thanks, guys :) I've been browsing this site for the past two weeks as a guest and, honestly, just felt less alone. I've only told one person I have anxiety and it just didn't feel like she fully understood what its like.
I feel like I'm on a completely different planet to everyone else so its great to know I can talk others in a similar situation.

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Thanks, guys :) I've been browsing this site for the past two weeks as a guest and, honestly, just felt less alone. I've only told one person I have anxiety and it just didn't feel like she fully understood what its like.
I feel like I'm on a completely different planet to everyone else so its great to know I can talk others in a similar situation.

That's right! You're nvr alone here! We all have our problems but were here to help. :)

MicheleHK
02-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Hey everyone :) I'm new to this site so I thought I'd make a thread to introduce myself and tell you all a little bit about my situation. My name is Eli and I'm an 18 year old guy living in Ireland with an extreme love for video games, film, skating and music. Very basic and straight forward but that pretty much sums me up :P With that out of the way I guess I better get to the reason of why I joined this site. I have bad anxiety and suffer from anxiety attacks. To be honest, I don't know when it started. I was pretty sure it started over 2 years ago after a bit of a rough patch in my life but I now recall having anxiety attacks as a kid but not having really any other symptoms. (BTW is that strange?) It's kinda difficult to describe how it feels. A lot of the time I feel completely hopeless, mentally and physically drained with a lack of motivation to do anything. I feel like I'm always looking over my shoulder, waiting for something horrible to happen. I feel like everyone's watching me as I walk down the street. If I see people laughing and looking in my general direction, I assume they must be laughing at me. If I try and call somebody and their phone is dead, I think the worst. I feel like my mind is rarely at ease. Well, anyways, I'm glad I joined the site and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

Hello Eli,

I know how you feel I was only diagnosed with anxiety when I was about 18/19 and when I look back I think I always had it. I get the same symptoms with my anxiety and it's really hard to leave the house / speak to people some days - I use positive quotes to help me keep motivated / going (I stick them up everywhere)
It does get easier with time, it never feels like it when you are in a bad patch but you just have to have faith you'll get through it.

This forum is great reminds you your not alone :-)
Be Strong M

NixonRulz
02-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Eli - Welcome here

If you live in Ireland, you may come across a really confident lady with a pooch in tow walking the streets

Don't worry, she is one of ours!

Eli337
03-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :) Really appreciate it, had a bad day today so it helps.

Lostinthedark91
03-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi Eli :) I'm new here too.
I also recall having anxiety attacks at a young age but having no other symptoms! Don't let it bring you down, we're all here for support :) x