PDA

View Full Version : Meds

delboy
02-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Has anyone ever taken AMITRIPYLINE for anxiety, my dr and consultant really persist with theses meds say they are really good

Fourteen14
02-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Has anyone ever taken AMITRIPYLINE for anxiety, my dr and consultant really persist with theses meds say they are really good

It's all personal choice, they are what is known as a tricyclic , they are used for multiple purposes, pain killers, child bed wetting , anti depressant ...

I've known good results from both these and SSRI

delboy
02-28-2014, 08:58 AM
Thanks mate they seen to be calming me down, I was really shaky which seems to be a lot better

Fourteen14
02-28-2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks mate they seen to be calming me down, I was really shaky which seems to be a lot better

Like any med they will take a little time to stabilise in your system (some would argue quicker than SSRI) so you may have a few bumps along the way, but you should start to see more level results after the first month.

All the best!

acetone
02-28-2014, 09:50 AM
I have taken Ami for migraines. It was initially sedating but that wore off gradually. It also gave me a pleasurable "high" like feeling the next day.

delboy
02-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks ace, must say am really tired on them

Enduronman
02-28-2014, 10:08 AM
Good stuff!!

Hope you get to feeling better friend!

Enduronman.. :)

delboy
02-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks mate, long time sufferer of anxiety and panic attacks, used to be able to control them without meds but as I am getting older am struggling with them a little, love this forum, makes me feel better knowing there are thousands of sufferers