PDA

View Full Version : feeling out of it

pluperfecthell
02-27-2014, 05:06 PM
woke up from a nap like 30 minutes ago... when i got up to go get water, i felt sooo weird... like my body was one of those inflatable breezy geezer things that i can't control. i still feel weird. i have this anxious feeling of dread in my chest and i'm trying to calm myself down a little but i don't feel like myself. i went through depersonalization/derealization once and i never want it to happen again. i'm scared that that's what's happening now and i want to cry.

i am under a lot of stress because of school and college applications. i haven't had a panic attack since last june... i was doing so well and now i'm starting to feel like this...

AliasEQ
02-27-2014, 05:23 PM
woke up from a nap like 30 minutes ago... when i got up to go get water, i felt sooo weird... like my body was one of those inflatable breezy geezer things that i can't control. i still feel weird. i have this anxious feeling of dread in my chest and i'm trying to calm myself down a little but i don't feel like myself. i went through depersonalization/derealization once and i never want it to happen again. i'm scared that that's what's happening now and i want to cry.

i am under a lot of stress because of school and college applications. i haven't had a panic attack since last june... i was doing so well and now i'm starting to feel like this...

Happens to me too. Especially after I take a nap. Try to go up and get things going as fast as possible to distract yourself. Try go for a walk. That helps me. Either that or hit the gym. Just distract your mind and body in some way.

If you're feeling a panic attack, it's not the end of the world. Try deep breathing, accept the attack and let it pass through. We all fall down sometimes.

If you're under alot of stress then I'd suggest you to do some meditation every now and then. Really good for both mind and body.

Wish you the best :)

Applecherry
02-27-2014, 08:18 PM
A nap can fck up your mood good... Sometimes it rejuvenates and makes you feel good but other times, you wake up feeling like shit! A nap is a siren's song that'll do you in, if you must succumb to it keep in mind, you're playing with fire. Lol

Sleep changes the chemicals in your brain, so you're bound to feel a bit "off" I'd also bet you're hungry, go have something to eat, it helps.

pluperfecthell
02-28-2014, 12:11 AM
thanks for the replies! i feel a little bit better now. i let myself feel anxious and i let myself cry and vented to my mom about school stressing me out and i felt more normal almost instantly. i made myself some chamomile/linden flower tea and that calmed me down enough for me to be able to go back to my project.

ughhh that feeling was so unpleasant, i'm scared it's going to happen again. it was like my limbs weren't even part of my body.

i think i'm going to take your advice and start exercising again... i have way too much pent up energy

pluperfecthell
02-28-2014, 05:14 AM
think i figured out what triggered this... i took dayquil which has DXM in it. that can cause anxiety. i took cough syrup once that had DXM in it and i had the worst anxiety and insomnia... and then when i finally did sleep i ended up having sleep paralysis. i couldn't sleep last night either because my heart kept racing.