PDA

View Full Version : Feeling disconnected....

lbs
02-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Just curious if anyone else has feelings of being disconnected. Is this normal? I will be in a conversation with someone and think to myself, is this real? It is an awful feeling and makes me feel like I'm going crazy. I'm sitting here typing and it just doesnt feel real, I'm not focused, just going through the motions. Does anyone else experience this? It seems like I'm this state more than I'm not. I started Lexapro three days ago, hoping it kicks in soon. I miss my old self!

Thanks!

jessed03
02-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Ah I have indeed. It's not too rare a symptom actually. A darn nasty one though.

SSRIs can be pretty good, yeah. They helped me a lot with it, so they should help you some too hopefully! :)

lbs
02-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Thanks, I hope so. It feels so weird, which in turn makes me think I'm going crazy! I have to remind myslef....yes, this is real. You are here in this moment, but that doesnt work. Just wish I could focus! Being new to this whole anxiety thing, I'm not sure whats "normal".

AliasEQ
02-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Derealization/depersonalization. This is normal to have and nothing to worry about. You're not going crazy :)

Yeah, I've heard SSRIs can be good. Never tried though. Try to not pay attention to it and it should fade away.

Wish you the best! :)