PDA

View Full Version : Quotes!

bittersweetgirl
02-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Trying to move some more disturbing stuff off the front page of the forum, and also just re-discovered this quote on my Facebook page. Thought it seemed rather appropriate for today. Add some of your favorites, if you'd like!

“Kindness” covers all of my political beliefs. No need to spell them out. I believe that if, at the end, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn’t always know this and am happy I lived long enough to find it out.
-Roger Ebert

AliasEQ
02-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Great thread! :)

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

- Rocky Balboa

Easy to relate to anxiety :)

jessed03
02-27-2014, 09:29 AM
'Medicatioooooooon bruhh'

- Eman, 2014.

AliasEQ
02-27-2014, 09:35 AM
'Medicatioooooooon'

- Eman, 2014.

hahahahaha! This is one of my absolute favorites. You forgot the "bruuh" :D

lucy88
02-27-2014, 09:39 AM

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

- Rocky Balboa

Great quote! :)

bittersweetgirl
02-27-2014, 09:42 AM

- Rocky Balboa

Nice! Printed it out - going to post some of these around my house. Maybe will post EMan's quote too :)

jessed03
02-27-2014, 09:47 AM
hahahahaha! This is one of my absolute favorites. You forgot the "bruuh" :D

Haha yeah, lemme edit it.

13th that vid is legit. Inspired many of my workouts.

Enduronman
02-27-2014, 09:58 AM
You can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bulls a**, or you can just take the butchers word for it that it's the best cut.....Tommy Boy.

JUST TAKE A PILL BRRRUUUUUHHHHHH!!!!

baahaah!!!

Have a spectacular day all!

Enduronman A Maniac! yay :)

Enduronman
02-27-2014, 10:02 AM
No don't edit it Jesse!!! You fudger!!!!

LMAO!!! :)

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 10:24 AM
You can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bulls a**, or you can just take the butchers word for it that it's the best cut.....Tommy Boy.

JUST TAKE A PILL BRRRUUUUUHHHHHH!!!!

baahaah!!!

Have a spectacular day all!

Enduronman A Maniac! yay :)

Lol love it

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 10:26 AM
I dont want the peace that passes understanding, i want the understanding which brings peace - Helen Keller.

Enduronman
02-27-2014, 10:30 AM
I dont want the peace that passes understanding, i want the understanding which brings peace - Helen Keller.

very nice..thank you. :)

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 10:51 AM
very nice..thank you. :)

You're welcome! :) That's one of my favs!

jessed03
02-27-2014, 11:03 AM
You're welcome! :) That's one of my favs!

Yeah, that is a nice one actually.

Amy Smith
02-27-2014, 11:10 AM

This is a cute one :)

Amy Smith
02-27-2014, 11:11 AM

Also, I love this one

Enduronman
02-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Both of those are great to lift spirits! :)

NeverToo...Fear
02-27-2014, 12:13 PM
I love quotes! Great ones here so far, guys! Here's one I like:

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes." - William Gibson. (Somewhere I also read it was a Sigmund Freud quote as well.. so now I don't know the source for sure.)

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Lol good one

AliasEQ
02-27-2014, 12:23 PM

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes." - William Gibson. (Somewhere I also read it was a Sigmund Freud quote as well.. so now I don't know the source for sure.)

Haha nice one!

lucy88
02-27-2014, 12:23 PM

I live with one haha

bittersweetgirl
02-27-2014, 01:43 PM

Ha! I am, in fact, doing just that. :)

bittersweetgirl
02-27-2014, 01:44 PM

This is a cute one :)

ChiBird!! One of my favorites. Also love the other one you posted.

staceatarian
02-27-2014, 06:06 PM

Omg this one is awesome!! Love it

FlyingBy
02-27-2014, 06:50 PM
“Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”
― Corrie ten Boom

Easier said than done :)

beefkake31
03-08-2014, 06:52 AM
"they key to happiness is finding your lifes work and knowing who you are"

NixonRulz
03-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Stop nagging me!

Every husband

jessed03
03-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Frankie, how appropriate a quote for IWD :)