PDA

View Full Version : Did I do the right thing?

AliasEQ
02-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Hey guys,

So, let's get straight to it. I didn't go to school for 2 weeks when I first got my anxiety. This only made the anxiety worse. However, I told my teachers about the anxiety and basically everyone knows about it now. So, yesterday I noticed that someone kicked in my locker so that I can't open it. I had all my things there. So, I went home very sad, feeling sorry for myself...

Of course not. I asked everyone and I knew it was this guy. He hates me for no reason. Well maybe because his crush is my gf. However, I took him to the side and we started talking. He didn't admit it at first, but later he did. I'm very easy to irritate right now, because of my anxiety. I really don't have time for this sh*t. So I teached him and his friend a lesson.

Of course, I got alot of sh*t from my school. Even more sh*t than the last time. Did I do the right thing here? I don't know how to handle situations like this.

stp4779
02-27-2014, 08:00 AM
How exactly did you "teach them a lesson"?

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 08:01 AM
Hey guys,

So, let's get straight to it. I didn't go to school for 2 weeks when I first got my anxiety. This only made the anxiety worse. However, I told my teachers about the anxiety and basically everyone knows about it now. So, yesterday I noticed that someone kicked in my locker so that I can't open it. I had all my things there. So, I went home very sad, feeling sorry for myself...

Of course not. I asked everyone and I knew it was this guy. He hates me for no reason. Well maybe because his crush is my gf. However, I took him to the side and we started talking. He didn't admit it at first, but later he did. I'm very easy to irritate right now, because of my anxiety. I really don't have time for this sh*t. So I thought him and his friend a lesson.

Of course, I got alot of sh*t from my school. Even more sh*t than the last time. Did I do the right thing here? I don't know how to handle situations like this.

I think pulling him to the side and trying to talk it out was very mature. Most people with anger problems swing first and ask questions later so you're not doing too bad. I think you meant *teach not thought? How exactly did you teach him a lesson?

AliasEQ
02-27-2014, 08:02 AM
I think pulling him to the side and trying to talk it out was very mature. Most people with anger problems swing first and ask questions later so you're not doing too bad. I think you meant *teach not thought? How exactly did you teach him a lesson?

Yea, teach*

Well we got into a fight.

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 08:08 AM
Yea, teach*

Well we got into a fight.

Oh. Ok. Well physical violence should be a last resort in my opinion. Did he swing 1st? Idk about everyone else but i was taught a person gets one free swing then its ok to defend urself physically.

NickZx6
02-27-2014, 08:13 AM
I understand physical violence should be a last resort, but high school is dog eat dog. If you don't stick up for yourself, they'll never quit messing with you. Doing it on or near school grounds is a negative. Also its best to try talking first. I never listened when people talked about me. Everyone knew I didn't care about what they had to say, but they messed with your thongs. Thats no good and the teachers won't do anything about it. Tough situation man.

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 08:16 AM
I understand physical violence should be a last resort, but high school is dog eat dog. If you don't stick up for yourself, they'll never quit messing with you. Doing it on or near school grounds is a negative. Also its best to try talking first. I never listened when people talked about me. Everyone knew I didn't care about what they had to say, but they messed with your thongs. Thats no good and the teachers won't do anything about it. Tough situation man.

True. Sometimes u don't have a choice. N know no one here is judging u. Its ur life n ur choice. If u felt u didn't have a choice, ok. I just hope no matter what it works out for u. Sry ppl can b so cruel.

Enduronman
02-27-2014, 10:10 AM
YES

but this is coming from a guy who would've done the exact same thing and stomped his ass into the ground..and his friend too if he needed it...
I don't cause problems, but when someone causes ME one, they're always gonna pay for it...

IMHO...Enduronman.. :)

Michael33
02-28-2014, 01:23 PM
I have the same problem as you bro.. I'm 19 and I cant deal with shit like I used to, my anxietys enough of a headache that when people piss me off (even my boys) I feel like knocking them out because I just dwell on little things they do/say so much longer and it just causes more stress.

You did the right thing tho, you released the anger so at least it's not couped up inside of you and adding to your anxiety.