PDA

View Full Version : anxiety dreams?

NickZx6
02-27-2014, 07:06 AM
Okay so the past couple nights I've had terrible dreams and they are dreams about things I commonly worry about. They cause me to wake up worrying already. Bad start.
Anybody else experience this?

Niicole Lynne
02-27-2014, 07:11 AM
Okay so the past couple nights I've had terrible dreams and they are dreams about things I commonly worry about. They cause me to wake up worrying already. Bad start. Anybody else experience this?

there have been many times I just wake up in a panic For unknown reasons
Maybe it was because of a dream I didn't remember I'm not sure
But it really sucks when u wake up already feeling shitty

AliasEQ
02-27-2014, 07:19 AM
I was like this all the time. I was scared to go to sleep. Do you take any B-vitamins? They were the cause to my crazy dreams.

But always remember that these dreams ARE dreams. They occur because your brain is trying to make connections between various thoughts. They try to rationalize your irrational thoughts and that's why it's so scary sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't even has to be irrational thoughts, it could just be a fear of something. Your brain tries to turn those thoughts into a "story" so that it makes sense to you.

Of course, it's not easy to control your dreams. Basically what you want to do is to control your thoughts and emotions through-out the day. You need to find a way to cope with your anxiety and reduce it. I hope this make sense.

Wish you the best! :)

bittersweetgirl
02-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Okay so the past couple nights I've had terrible dreams and they are dreams about things I commonly worry about. They cause me to wake up worrying already. Bad start.

Yes! I might start a thread today. I woke up after a pretty good night's sleep - but was having an anxiety nightmare, and it ruined my morning. I had been trying to shove some upsetting thoughts out of my head, just for a week or so until I could deal with them better, but nooooo.... my subconscious had to screw it up for me. Guess I have to face the upsetting thoughts during the day.

Interestedly, I just started taking B-complex vitamins as mentioned above. Maybe there's a link?

NickZx6
02-27-2014, 07:53 AM
I was like this all the time. I was scared to go to sleep. Do you take any B-vitamins? They were the cause to my crazy dreams.

But always remember that these dreams ARE dreams. They occur because your brain is trying to make connections between various thoughts. They try to rationalize your irrational thoughts and that's why it's so scary sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't even has to be irrational thoughts, it could just be a fear of something. Your brain tries to turn those thoughts into a "story" so that it makes sense to you.

Of course, it's not easy to control your dreams. Basically what you want to do is to control your thoughts and emotions through-out the day. You need to find a way to cope with your anxiety and reduce it. I hope this make sense.

Wish you the best! :)

That makes a lot of sense! Thanks.
I take vitamins each morning along with fish oil and other "healthy" things lol

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 08:04 AM

Yeah i get like this sometimes. One of my biggest fears is water. I almost drown in 8th grade because some mean girls thought it'd be funny to push me in the deep end without me knowin. Didn't get time to catch my breath. It was really scary so now i panic around water. I had dreams for months about drowning. It sucks. Even if I'm playin a video game where i have to go under water, i feel the panic setting in. Its so weird.

NickZx6
02-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Yes! I might start a thread today. I woke up after a pretty good night's sleep - but was having an anxiety nightmare, and it ruined my morning. I had been trying to shove some upsetting thoughts out of my head, just for a week or so until I could deal with them better, but nooooo.... my subconscious had to screw it up for me. Guess I have to face the upsetting thoughts during the day.

Interestedly, I just started taking B-complex vitamins as mentioned above. Maybe there's a link?

Yeah I've been sleeping great, but the nightmares tend to ruin that. Hopefully it gets better for us :/

bittersweetgirl
02-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Yeah I've been sleeping great, but the nightmares tend to ruin that. Hopefully it gets better for us :/

Thank you - you too! I've been sleeping like crap, so was thrilled to get some sleep - but then wth? I think it's true that these troubling thoughts have to dealt with during the day (at least for me, maybe others too).