PDA

View Full Version : google is my enemy

Meagan
02-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Well I am back here again. Health anxiety especially at night. Dr found bilirubin in my urine. Googling that goes straight to huge liver issues. I'm laying in bed with the hubby but nothing makes me feel safe. I feel like im always waiting for something to happen. My mind races ..pains I'm.sure are phantom torturing me. I'm only 27..logically I know it would be rare for me to be dying but my mind isn't logical. Praying helps but most the time I can't stay focused long enough to finish a prayer. Ridiculous. I'm so over all this.

Nicoleeo
02-27-2014, 02:45 AM
I, too, am a Googler. I look up every ache and pain I encounter. I spent half an hour before work tonight looking up "What causes pain on both sides of mid-abdomen?" I thought for sure it was some internal organ malfunction. Turns out, when a foot of snow falls and you have shoveled two sidewalks, a driveway, and had to help push your boyfriend's little Nissan out of the snow bank (all the while being overweight and disgustingly out of shape), muscles hurt and get sore because they were called upon to be used. I remember 10 years ago I just had a headache, now I get a headache and a possible brain tumor because Google says headaches could be a symptom of a brain tumor. My recently put into place plan now is when I am worried about my health, I do something good for me. Drink a glass of water, participate in my walk-at-home exercise video. It seems to be helping.

Meagan
02-27-2014, 08:10 AM
I'm going to try that. Thank you. That is some really sound advice