PDA

View Full Version : Trial shift! Stressing

shelbyp
02-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Hey guys so I have a trial shift as a kitchen porter tomorrow 6pm-12am it's just washing pots so it's quiet tedious I'm so scared of getting derealized or anxious. I really NEED this job an don't really want to be running outside to calm down :( anyone have any advice?

Enduronman
02-26-2014, 01:34 PM
You should actually get breaks every so often too???
Just plan for those breaks to get outside and get a breathe of fresh air..
Do you smoke??
I'm sure that there will be others in there too that you could talk to and MAKE FRIENDS with very quickly..they can cover for you if you know what I mean..
People WILL understand as long as you're honest...
You made it through the INTERVIEW process so you can make it through being in the back washing dishes...
You don't have to run tables!!! and see people!!! Think of the positives...you'll be in your own world and space...

E-Man.. :)

shelbyp
02-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Very good point it's a very fancy place but the guy who interviewed me had piercings too so that was an instant win :) yeah I smoke so hopefully I'll make some friends on a cig break or something :p

Cullingford
02-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Hi Shelby, I have had start loads of new jobs in the past. I always worry about this completely out of proportion, my advice is try and relax about it it will never be as bad as you think its going to be. Anxiety will always put the worst scenarios into your head, try and relax about it and enjoy meeting some new people. It might be good laugh you are all going to be in it together, I do hope it goes well for you.

Cully

jessed03
02-26-2014, 01:59 PM
Some great advice as always :)

Hey, this can be a helpful thing. Derealization can sometimes come on due to too much focus inwards. When you're focused externally, and you're really into something, it can help.

And, if not, take heart in whatever happens...WHATEVER HAPPENS...(Even if you read the wrong sign, forget your job, and serve up deep fried garbage instead of shrimp to royalty) you're still taking a step towards fixing that darned subconscious mind.

And that's a massive key in getting better.

It's scary, as we can want that first step to be solid, to know that if we go out there, it's gonna be safe, and successful, and ready to step on, but often you've gotta jump out at it, and your subconscious mind will fill in the rest. And it will do that. It Will. So you can go, and just do your job, and whenever any anxiety thought, or even sensation comes on, if it does, you can just remind yourself of that. That it's just your anxiety, that your subconscious mind is healing, and then refocus on your job regardless. And you can keep doing that as much as you need to, and it's gonna be really helpful.

It'll be a good thing. This is a good thing. Good luck. Think positive. It's growth! :)

shelbyp
02-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Thank you guys so much, slightly feeling better about it! Actually quiet excited overall just the little niggling anxiety :p can't wait to shoo it off!

Cimi
02-26-2014, 02:18 PM
dont worry girl.i had ans still have some dr left. at my worst days u would have to get up go for running and then take exams, go for interviews, and working at a state institution. see dr is not the end of the world. i doesnt harm you :)u will be just fine :)

Enduronman
02-26-2014, 02:29 PM
You got this friend!!! :)

E-Man..

(make friends quickly, I know that you can too)... :D

shelbyp
02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Thanks so much guys!(:

Enduronman
02-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Very welcome...

Make the best of it Shelby!!

E-Man, Cully, Jesse, Cimi.... :)

jessed03
02-28-2014, 01:28 AM
How'd your day go shelby?

shelbyp
03-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Hello, sorry no internet at my house :( and it went well! Very tiring haha did a 6 hour shift no trouble tho! :D they said I've pretty much got the job just waiting for a phone call about when I'm next in :D

Enduronman
03-01-2014, 01:44 PM
YAY!!! Glad to hear this Shelby!..

Have a great day friend!!

E-Man.. :)

jessed03
03-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Awesome Shelby! Congrats :)

Where's your local, we're all coming. Drinks are on Shelby everybody!!

shelbyp
03-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Hahaha Yee sure why not! Haha probably be a bit of a trip for some of you tho! :p