PDA

View Full Version : Checking in with our Night Owls!

bittersweetgirl
02-26-2014, 08:06 AM
So... anyone doing better/worse with sleep?

I stayed up too late, but would have slept okay... except at 4 AM my daughter came in crying from a nightmare. We were recently abruptly left by the loser guy I dated, and we're all hurting (well, HE'S not). So she dreamed that he was chasing her with knives, and he caught her and tried to kill her. She got away though. She has some anxiety and other issues, and is prone to violent dreams - also my ex seems to not understand that young kids shouldn't watch violent tv shows or video games... but anyway - this sucks for her. We had a rather long discussion at 4 AM, and she finally slept in my bed, but was still upset in the morning. If I date again, no man is coming near my house or my kids for a LONG time, but anyway - here we are and I have to face up to it. She is in counseling and on meds, so that's about all I can do.

As for me... I guess at least exhaustion has finally kicked in and I can sleep when I have the opportunity (for now!). I'm back on xanax, and it's helping (I take that during the day, and Restoril at night).

jessed03
02-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Where do you live bittersweet? I seem about 11 hours ahead or behind you :)

Hope you got to sleep.

petrified
02-26-2014, 10:01 AM
Hi bittersweet, sorry your having a tough time. But it sounds like you are dealing amazingly well as a parent. To be honest it sounds like you did the best thing all around getting rid of your ex and I'm sure as time moves on your child will adjust and become more settled.
I'm pleased you are managing more sleep at the minute even if it is being disrupted, I would just suggest to keep doing what you are doing and things will get easier

Enduronman
02-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Hi Buttersweet!!
I slept for 16 hours...headache. Of course.
Has your sleep schedule gotten any better friend??

Enduronman.. :)

bittersweetgirl
02-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi bittersweet, sorry your having a tough time. But it sounds like you are dealing amazingly well as a parent. To be honest it sounds like you did the best thing all around getting rid of your ex and I'm sure as time moves on your child will adjust and become more settled.
I'm pleased you are managing more sleep at the minute even if it is being disrupted, I would just suggest to keep doing what you are doing and things will get easier

Thank you so much for your kind words :). Means a lot! I've been blaming myself so much, but will aim to do the best I can from now on. Thanks again!!

Niicole Lynne
02-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words :). Means a lot! I've been blaming myself so much, but will aim to do the best I can from now on. Thanks again!!

How has your sleep been

bittersweetgirl
02-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Hi Buttersweet!!
I slept for 16 hours...headache. Of course.
Has your sleep schedule gotten any better friend??

Enduronman! 16 hours! Show off ;). I'd have a splitting headache after that too. Feeling better about the sleep schedule - did not nap today, so I think I'll do well tonight (already a bit sleepy).

Niicole Lynne
02-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Enduronman! 16 hours! Show off ;). I'd have a splitting headache after that too. Feeling better about the sleep schedule - did not nap today, so I think I'll do well tonight (already a bit sleepy).

I feel yah on that one!
What time are you?

bittersweetgirl
02-26-2014, 04:49 PM
How has your sleep been

Better except for kids and hungry cats waking me up :). How about you? Are you doing better with sleep and everything?

petrified
02-26-2014, 04:54 PM

It sounds like you are already doing your best. I no anxiety/depression makes us blame ourselves but you did nothing wrong. I hope you have a great night sleep tonight. That's where I am away soon!

bittersweetgirl
02-26-2014, 04:57 PM
It sounds like you are already doing your best. I no anxiety/depression makes us blame ourselves but you did nothing wrong. I hope you have a great night sleep tonight. That's where I am away soon!

Thank you, and sleep well!! :) And yes on the guilt... it's a battle!

Niicole Lynne
02-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Better except for kids and hungry cats waking me up :). How about you? Are you doing better with sleep and everything?

Last night was a good night
Hope it continues! :)

Enduronman
02-26-2014, 05:39 PM
WOW!! ^^^^^^ Glad to see this Nicole!!...:)

lorenzo18
02-26-2014, 06:25 PM
I sleep like a baby last night..!! First time in a while, I think it had something to do with the kalopin I was finally prescribed but I'll take it. 9 hours of pure bliss.!! Doesn't happen often. With that being said today has been one of my better and productive days in a long time. Let's hope I can continue this trend. Hope everyone gets a good night of zzzzzzz tonight.!!

Niicole Lynne
02-26-2014, 09:05 PM
I sleep like a baby last night..!! First time in a while, I think it had something to do with the kalopin I was finally prescribed but I'll take it. 9 hours of pure bliss.!! Doesn't happen often. With that being said today has been one of my better and productive days in a long time. Let's hope I can continue this trend. Hope everyone gets a good night of zzzzzzz tonight.!!

Glad to hear Lorenzo!
Hoping for zzzzzzzz's for everyone tonight :)

Enduronman
02-26-2014, 09:53 PM

Nice!! Glad to see this bruh! Hopefully this trend does continue as you've said...

Meagan
02-26-2014, 10:03 PM
I always feel safer napping during the day which really messes up my sleep pattern. At night I pretty much watch TV until I pass out. Makes no sense but sleeping at night is one of my irrartional fears. BTW anyone know why every pic I upload to my profile on here is sideways?

Niicole Lynne
02-28-2014, 08:13 PM
How r we doing tonight

russell sheppard
02-28-2014, 08:39 PM
I've just been awoken to the joy of a panic attack around an hour or so ago. What a pleasure to wake up with my heart beating out my chest and splurting and snorting for air. Now just to lay back and enjoy this dull ache in my arm and chest and loss of feeling in my hand etc. I honestly feel like giving up.

bittersweetgirl
02-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Not quite my bedtime yet, but I was so tired I took a quick catnap! (10 min). I feel like I'll sleep well tonight. Hope everyone else is well?

Niicole Lynne
02-28-2014, 08:43 PM
I've just been awoken to the joy of a panic attack around an hour or so ago. What a pleasure to wake up with my heart beating out my chest and splurting and snorting for air. Now just to lay back and enjoy this dull ache in my arm and chest and loss of feeling in my hand etc. I honestly feel like giving up.

Don't give up!!!
I know it sucks
I'm really anxious and uncomfortable tonight too
You're not alone!!!!

Niicole Lynne
02-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Not quite my bedtime yet, but I was so tired I took a quick catnap! (10 min). I feel like I'll sleep well tonight. Hope everyone else is well?

Glad to hear that!!!!! I hope I will too :) been having a slightly rough night though

russell sheppard
02-28-2014, 08:49 PM
I was fine before I went to bed. No worries or stress all day as it's been my day off. Then BOOM! In my sleep again. Sick of it now. I went around 10 years without an attack and now I've had 4 in 3 weeks.

Niicole Lynne
02-28-2014, 08:57 PM
I was fine before I went to bed. No worries or stress all day as it's been my day off. Then BOOM! In my sleep again. Sick of it now. I went around 10 years without an attack and now I've had 4 in 3 weeks.

Anything different happening in your life ?

bittersweetgirl
03-01-2014, 07:41 AM

You doing okay? That sounds awful. Funny that they'd come back like that...does seem like something must be triggering you. I slept well and am now mid-anxiety attack. I know what triggered it though (my mom, my angry child... the trauma book I really need to read).

Niicole Lynne
03-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Haven't checked in with my fellow night owls lately
How is everyone??

bittersweetgirl
03-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Haven't checked in with my fellow night owls lately
How is everyone??

Hi! Not sleeping :). I can manage to piece together about 6 hours a night if I'm lucky. Tonight I'm trying to head in the direction of bed earlier tonight though, so I can read until I hopefully fall asleep. Can't stay asleep any more though.

How about you?

jessed03
03-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi! Not sleeping :). I can manage to piece together about 6 hours a night if I'm lucky. Tonight I'm trying to head in the direction of bed earlier tonight though, so I can read until I hopefully fall asleep. Can't stay asleep any more though.

How about you?

Bittersweet, I can't remember who you are on Facebook. Are you Julie?

Niicole Lynne
03-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Hi! Not sleeping :). I can manage to piece together about 6 hours a night if I'm lucky. Tonight I'm trying to head in the direction of bed earlier tonight though, so I can read until I hopefully fall asleep. Can't stay asleep any more though. How about you?

Sorry to hear that Julie
Hope it gets better
Iv been finding I wake up a lot wide awake so I dno it's weird... I'm not really panicky just sleeping weird
I see my doctor again tomorrow
But good to hear ur continuing to try new things

jessed03
03-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Lol, guess Nicole answered ^ ;)

Niicole Lynne
03-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Hate having bad nights :( wah fml

Mainecoon
03-09-2014, 11:46 PM
It seems like night time is the only time I feel free, relaxed

mrseyeore
03-10-2014, 01:45 AM
I'm having a terrible night. At ER with sick baby. Don't know how I can get even 4 hours that I desperately need.

bittersweetgirl
03-10-2014, 03:06 AM
Mrseyeore, I'm sorry! Hope your baby is doing better.

I went to bed easily (sick), but woke up even more sick - awful cough, sore throat, laryngitis.... Just a virus, but the symptoms are so bad I may end up at the doc too.

And yes, bittersweet = Julie :)

trinidiva
03-10-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm having a terrible night. At ER with sick baby. Don't know how I can get even 4 hours that I desperately need.

Hope your baby is better....my baby woke me up this morning with projectile vomiting. Helllooooo stomach bug. I have been up since 2am....c loroxing, cleaning. ...and comforting my little baby.....it's so sad to see them ill.