PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

irishgirlhendun
02-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Anyone have any tips on health anxiety?? I'm pretty stuck was wondering if anyone had a way they cope with it that helps a little bit?? Or a lot hahaha either one I open!!

Curtis D
02-25-2014, 08:08 PM
what kinda health anxiety.

lorenzo18
02-25-2014, 08:20 PM
You need to stay off of the internet and google. Also you should try to nip it in the butt before it gets worse. Explain to your doctor about your fears and he will rule out anything that physical and mostly offer a SSRI like lexapro. That's what I am on, suffer from extreme Health/hypochondria And I think I waited to long to get on it and you shouldn't wait or it could get way out of control. Hope this helps and you can over come it. I'm trying every day. Try ready articles on line about hypochondria, some of them are very insight full. Best of luck too you.

irishgirlhendun
02-25-2014, 08:39 PM
Thank you so much appreciate the response it's so tough like you I'm someone that doesn't live with uncertainty to well. Google is def the worst thing for people like us. And I just have health anxiety mainly about cancer my father passed away suddenly last year and this is when it all started!

Goomba
02-25-2014, 08:42 PM
^^^^^ Do not do not do not do not use google. All that information is just a bunch of exposure to scary things that we have no insight around, and leads to rash conclusion making. My health anxiety directly stemmed from some issues I needed to work through, so I would suggest some self exploration. For anything that you can't rationalize, confront it, and see a doctor about it for peace of mind. It is defeatable.