PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin D / happy light

Amy Smith
02-25-2014, 06:35 PM
My dr last week prescribed me Vitamin D supplements and a therapy light. She believes that this will drecrease my anxiety. These lights are called "happy lights" but my insurance wont cover it, so im saving for it. Anyone else have experience with these lights ?

Damavandi
02-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Hi Amy:

If you really want to know about the full impact of vitamin D3, please
read the below link, which is my story/thread at this forum. After reading it,
please take it to your doctor, and ask her to consider a serious D3 deficiency treatment for you.
With happy lights, which in simple terms is a UVB lamp, you do not get anywhere fast enough.

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?12695-Vitamin-D3-Cured-my-Anxiety-Depression-and-Panic-Disorder

Best wishes,
Ali

Amy Smith
02-25-2014, 08:19 PM
Read most of the thread, thanks! She has ordered me blood test but i just havent gotten to the lab to get done. She said 1,000/day plus the light until i get any results back.

jessed03
02-26-2014, 02:53 AM
Always a helpful thing to take, so, all good :)

Especially if you're deficient in D, or don't get much light. I considered buying one of those light lamps a while ago. I suffered really low moods in winter. I went on antidepressants back then and that done the job, but if they didn't, I would have gotten one, for sure.