PDA

View Full Version : Made it through first day back at work......

Blessed
02-25-2014, 05:28 PM
I've been off for ten days, mostly 68 1/2% anxiety free, but hey I'll take that! Any who, I am the first to get to work this morning and I forgot to turn the lights on (I could still see fine) but I got this overwhelming surreal feeling of doom and fear and It paralyzed me for a moment, like I was overwhelmed to be there but I shook it off and pushed through!! Yay. But then I got home, cooked and fed the kidos, I started having very uncomfortable chest spasm pains, totally freaked me out!!! So here I sit, still happening , again feel defeated for the day. But I'm still trying to put in back of my mind . Any words of calming?

Enduronman
02-25-2014, 05:29 PM
Lights are overated!
What did you make for dinner???

YAY!!...

E-Man.. :)

Blessed
02-25-2014, 05:30 PM
My famous taco ring with fresh Nebraska corn

Enduronman
02-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Yes!! Now I'm hungry...and you're doing spectacularly well blessed...it was just from the activity and working to get that prepared in the kitchen, moving, walking, this, that,...so proud of you for how far you've came!!! :)

jessed03
02-26-2014, 01:21 AM
My famous taco ring with fresh Nebraska corn

Post the recipe in the off topic food section!!

Way to go blessed. First days usually the hardest.

meichmann
02-26-2014, 06:29 AM
Way to go Blessed! The hardest part of work was getting there. The day was a cakewalk after that. We're all proud of you!

jessed03
02-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Way to go Blessed! The hardest part of work was getting there. The day was a cakewalk after that. We're all proud of you!

How're you doing these days Meichmann?

NeverToo...Fear
02-26-2014, 06:44 AM
Great job, Blessed! Just great that you are making steps in a positive direction :) You've come so far!

Taco ring.. that sounds quite delicious! Yes, do put it in that food thread!

meichmann
02-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Jessed..I am doing much better. I've been going to CBT since late september and they have been great. Granted, I still get panic attacks, but they are nowhere near as severe or as frequent as before. Plus, my Mother-In-Law moved out on January 25th after living with us for almost 10 years and that lifted alot of stress and anxiety.

A combination of CBT and lifestyle changes have really made a difference.

The band is doing great as well. We just had a show this past Friday and it went great. We have shows booked allt he way to June.

How about yourself?

BlessedMom
02-26-2014, 10:39 AM
extreme highs are always followed by extreme lows for me....I try to get ready for the next high (on life :) ) and try to remember the lows are temporary

Enduronman
02-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Hey mom!!! *waves*

:)

jessed03
02-27-2014, 06:14 AM
Meichmann, thats awesome. Sounds really positive. No man can be happy whilst the mother in law occupies their castle. Just my opinion!

CBT is a good therapy. I always go back to it every now and again, just to freshen the memory. Sounds like you're getting there. It can be a slow bit effective process.

I'm doing pretty good anyway. Looking for a new job, so ready to make some changes, why not.

Any YouTube vids of your band?

Enduronman
02-27-2014, 06:18 AM
Band???,,,
What did I miss??

Good to see you Jesse..as usual.

Enduronmanimania!!! LMAO! :)

meichmann
02-27-2014, 12:04 PM
We don't have any videos of the band posted. I should find one and get it up here.

Yes, having the Mother in Law out is a big change for the better. I was quite grumpy while she was with us but no more!

Enduro...I posted a while back about my band. We're a cover band and the band has been around for about 20 years, but I've was with them for 2 years then left. Now I am back after they reformed.