PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Had a really good day all day
Now sitting at home not doing much and not being busy I find myself getting anxious and "over thinking"
I wish I could just relax at home but it feels impossible sometimes cuz my mind wanders to the dark side

MrsJ88
02-25-2014, 05:15 PM
I can completely relate!

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 05:18 PM
I can completely relate!

It sucks when home is supposed to be a safe place!

Kyle Morgan
02-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Same, I relate too, I sometimes end up getting panic attacks in my own home, I also tend to get really anxious if I have to go somewhere important the following day, and that can prevent me from getting a good night's sleep. If you're at home try to occupy yourself by doing something, anything!! You're mind could be wandering due to stress, or you could just be really tired!!

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Same, I relate too, I sometimes end up getting panic attacks in my own home, I also tend to get really anxious if I have to go somewhere important the following day, and that can prevent me from getting a good night's sleep. If you're at home try to occupy yourself by doing something, anything!! You're mind could be wandering due to stress, or you could just be really tired!!

The tired thing is a for sure but I'm afraid to sleep now in fear I won't later

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Ughhhh hellp lol
All I feel is scary symptoms right now
If it's not one place it's another and my mind won't stop :(
Hate this at night

bittersweetgirl
02-25-2014, 08:42 PM
I was just about to start a similar post, but you all said what I'm feeling. Evening is so HARD. I'm obsessing, I'm worrying, I'm freaking out, I'm feeling hopeless. Tomorrow is my outpatient program - thank goodness - but it's not a magical cure. It just helps to have people around. Ugh!! Sick of this.

Oh, and to top it off - I know my friends are sick of my complaining (though they complain a LOT to me too), but really? Five people disappear in ONE FREAKING DAY when they know I'm in a bit of a crisis? One is going "off the grid" so not responding to texts, one had her eyes dilated and never got back to me when she could see well, one is probably with her boyfriend, the other said "think positive! good luck!", the other is the guy who broke up with me - I asked him to get help to stop the abuse that he inflicts on his kids and girlfriends/wives (he said he would, but he's done with me, so why bother anyway).

So glad this forum is here:)

lizard0921
02-25-2014, 08:47 PM
I have moments like those also.

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 08:50 PM
I was just about to start a similar post, but you all said what I'm feeling. Evening is so HARD. I'm obsessing, I'm worrying, I'm freaking out, I'm feeling hopeless. Tomorrow is my outpatient program - thank goodness - but it's not a magical cure. It just helps to have people around. Ugh!! Sick of this. Oh, and to top it off - I know my friends are sick of my complaining (though they complain a LOT to me too), but really? Five people disappear in ONE FREAKING DAY when they know I'm in a bit of a crisis? One is going "off the grid" so not responding to texts, one had her eyes dilated and never got back to me when she could see well, one is probably with her boyfriend, the other said "think positive! good luck!", the other is the guy who broke up with me - I asked him to get help to stop the abuse that he inflicts on his kids and girlfriends/wives (he said he would, but he's done with me, so why bother anyway). So glad this forum is here:)

That's really shitty and I'm sorry to hear that!!!
We've never met but I'm here for you and the fact we deal with the same stuff and can talk is best
Yes thanks for the forum!!!
I just keep trying to distract myself girl and focusing on now! Easier said than done I know! I also play word puzzles and number puzzles like sudoku

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 08:57 PM
I keep having physical symptoms rather than worried thoughts
It sucks cuz u don't know what's real and what's not
Gotta keep trying to say it's just anxiety

bittersweetgirl
02-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Niicole, I'm trying to distract myself with computer games :) Not sure it's helping.

I'm here for you too, and it means a lot to hear you say you're here for me! I can't handle the vanishing. Makes me want to vanish too. Maybe it's healthy of me to vanish from these people's lives - if people choose to disappear after I've supported them in crisis too... I don't know if I have the capacity for forgiveness. Maybe I need a rock, not people who freak if I need them "too much", or if they don't want to send a quick supportive text because they're with their boyfriends. I'm angry, I'm anxious - got it all tonight.

I'm sorry about the physical symptoms - I don't really get those too often. It's mental for me, so it's easy to identify as anxiety. Sucks anyway ;)

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Niicole, I'm trying to distract myself with computer games :) Not sure it's helping. I'm here for you too, and it means a lot to hear you say you're here for me! I can't handle the vanishing. Makes me want to vanish too. Maybe it's healthy of me to vanish from these people's lives - if people choose to disappear after I've supported them in crisis too... I don't know if I have the capacity for forgiveness. Maybe I need a rock, not people who freak if I need them "too much", or if they don't want to send a quick supportive text because they're with their boyfriends. I'm angry, I'm anxious - got it all tonight. I'm sorry about the physical symptoms - I don't really get those too often. It's mental for me, so it's easy to identify as anxiety. Sucks anyway ;)

I went with some friend issues a while back and it's definitely not fun
It took a long time for me to find ppl to truly trust but I feel bad going to them too much
Hope your night turns out better
Off topic - what computer games do you play?

bittersweetgirl
02-25-2014, 09:59 PM
I too feel bad for going to my friends too much. I try to alternate and not rely on any one person too much (I get that it's hard on them), but it doesn't seem to help.

I play FarmVille 2 and Words with Friends -do you play those?

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 10:07 PM
I too feel bad for going to my friends too much. I try to alternate and not rely on any one person too much (I get that it's hard on them), but it doesn't seem to help. I play FarmVille 2 and Words with Friends -do you play those?

I'm more addicted to mall world and diner life hahaha but I love words with friends

And scrabble I love

bittersweetgirl
02-26-2014, 07:54 AM
I'm more addicted to mall world and diner life hahaha but I love words with friends

And scrabble I love

Just changed my WWF user name - try to find me at jbsongbird if you wanna play! (anyone here can take me on :) ).

Niicole Lynne
03-13-2014, 03:40 PM
I didn't want to make another post but who knows maybe someone will read this

Today is one of those days
Iv been surrounded by feelings of death all day
They just won't leave my mind and iv tried everything I kno how

I slept good last night
Things r going really great in my life
I just don't kno why I have to be scared of this one thing
The most impossible thing :( I just wanna cry :(

I'm feeling really detached too
Like everything around me is fake, like I don't even know what it is or why it's there
I know I do
But I feel so.. Not here :(

Having it rough today :(

anxietycat
03-13-2014, 04:13 PM
I didn't want to make another post but who knows maybe someone will read this Today is one of those days Iv been surrounded by feelings of death all day They just won't leave my mind and iv tried everything I kno how I slept good last night Things r going really great in my life I just don't kno why I have to be scared of this one thing The most impossible thing :( I just wanna cry :( I'm feeling really detached too Like everything around me is fake, like I don't even know what it is or why it's there I know I do But I feel so.. Not here :( Having it rough today :(

I go through this too- just remember that tomorrow is a new day. You can have bad days. That's one of the things my therapist always tells me. You are allowed to have bad days. It's like the weather it's not always going to be sunny.

Niicole Lynne
03-13-2014, 04:17 PM
I go through this too- just remember that tomorrow is a new day. You can have bad days. That's one of the things my therapist always tells me. You are allowed to have bad days. It's like the weather it's not always going to be sunny.

It's just so hard
I wanna feel good again :(
It's so 50/50 lately

needtogetwell
03-13-2014, 04:38 PM
It's just so hard I wanna feel good again :( It's so 50/50 lately

Hang in there my dear!

Recovery is all about good days and not so good ones. Get lots of sleep, a tired body doesn't help an anxious mind!

Be kind to yourself! This isn't a sprint to the finish. There are going to be detours along the way.

Accept that, and you are half way there.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day!
Pam

Niicole Lynne
03-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Hang in there my dear! Recovery is all about good days and not so good ones. Get lots of sleep, a tired body doesn't help an anxious mind! Be kind to yourself! This isn't a sprint to the finish. There are going to be detours along the way. Accept that, and you are half way there. Hoping tomorrow is a better day! Pam

Thanks Pam
I just feel like a whirlwind

anxietycat
03-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Thanks Pam I just feel like a whirlwind

I do too- it's like I'll think I'm doing so good and then I'll have a string of bad days. I wish I could be consistent.

Niicole Lynne
03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
I do too- it's like I'll think I'm doing so good and then I'll have a string of bad days. I wish I could be consistent.

Well at least I'm not alone
Sometimes it just feels that way

needtogetwell
03-13-2014, 05:03 PM

Anxietycat,

Consistency will come with time. I've been at this for so long and still get thrown off after months and months of good days!

It will come , accept that tough days will happen, and it will make the tough days seem more manageable.

Tomorrow can be a good day , you just have to believe it!

Cheers !! Here's to a better tomorrow!

anxietycat
03-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Anxietycat, Consistency will come with time. I've been at this for so long and still get thrown off after months and months of good days! It will come , accept that tough days will happen, and it will make the tough days seem more manageable. Tomorrow can be a good day , you just have to believe it! Cheers !! Here's to a better tomorrow!

Thanks Pam! Your posts always cheer me up!

bittersweetgirl
03-13-2014, 08:17 PM

Me too. Having a setback right now, and trying to work through it. I do notice SOME improvement (I'm not going haywire on my kids or whoever, like in the past), but bleh... just negative and overwhelmed and angry. You guys are not alone :(

Niicole Lynne
03-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Me too. Having a setback right now, and trying to work through it. I do notice SOME improvement (I'm not going haywire on my kids or whoever, like in the past), but bleh... just negative and overwhelmed and angry. You guys are not alone :(

Sorry to hear that Julie
:( here for you
And thanks for posting :)

bittersweetgirl
03-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Sorry to hear that Julie
:( here for you
And thanks for posting :)

Thanks! I'm here for you too, always! :)