PDA

View Full Version : Overcoming the fear of medication!

Dweeb
02-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Alot of posts recently have been about people being to scared to take medication or reading the side effects off them and then not wanting to take them after that!

I was one off them people i was to scared to try anything but ive overcome that fear now and so can all you!

You need to member these tablets are going to make you better with time the tablets cant make you feel any worse than you already do. Take the tablets and see how much better you feel within two weeks its great i'm 90% over my anxiety now because of medication.

I was the kind of person that would be at the hospital everyday isolated myself from everyone and everything and now thanks to medication i'm able to live again and thats what we all want when dealing with anxiety just take the medication and dont read the side effects they only state them to cover themselves rarely do people deal with side effects start on a smaller dose if needs be and if they dont help then gradually up your dose

stocktona
02-25-2014, 10:14 AM
This has nothing to do with anti depressents ( for me) but I'm so glad I just read this!! I'm very sick right now and on a lot of meds and I always look them up and then I don't want to take them lol. I was just thinkin about it and jumped on here and boom heres my sign!!!! Thanks :)

Dweeb
02-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Take the medication to get better :)

The list of side effects are just so they're covered not because there guaranteed to happen to every person that takes that medication.

You'll be fine and feeling better in no time :D

stocktona
02-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Yes I'm just one steroids and antibiotics lol..... I'm just a weirdo! But in taking it!! It's only for 6 days I can do this!!

jessed03
02-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Nice Dweeb :) hope everything's well

Dweeb
02-25-2014, 10:29 AM
You can do it u'll be fine :)

Im on antibiotics at the moment for a chest infection and theyve done me no harm and they wont do u no harm either all they'll do is make you better :)

My 3 year old nephew as to take steroids and hes fine :)

Hey jesse things are ok thank you gettin there day by day :) u ok?

jessed03
02-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Doing pretty well thanks dweeb. You're giving Eman chills, so, keep up the good work ;)

Dweeb
02-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Glad ur doin well jesse thats the news we all like to hear :D

Max mar
02-25-2014, 11:11 AM
It's really good of you to start this thread! I am about a week into taking citalopram and have had ups and downs. My health anxiety often makes me question whether the drugs are going to make any difference to my physical symptoms which are mainly digestive pain. Because I pushed the anxiety aspect out of my mind for so long and only focused on the pains it's hard for me to accept it is all anxiety/ depression. I know deep down it is but there is still a devil on my shoulder saying 'you have a physical illness!'
Thanks again.

Dweeb
02-25-2014, 11:19 AM
I was the same every stomach pain and i was diagnosing myself with appendicitis (no idea where it come from)

And all my medications to me was the cause of it lol nope turned out i was stressing so much that ive got IBS which as no become alot better because i'm no longer stressing 24/7

It takes a little time for the tablets to start to work maybe 2-3 weeks and u'll be feeling better :) just give them a chance to work

WestCanada05
02-25-2014, 11:20 AM
I hope I never have to get to the point of having to take medication. My biggest fear is the side effects of suicidal thoughts, low sex drive and erectile dysfunction (which is already a big problem with my anxiety) :(

Dweeb
02-25-2014, 11:23 AM
Side effects are rare and if you do suffer with them they only last while your body is adapting to the medication