PDA

View Full Version : New to Lexapro

Dynhamik
02-25-2014, 07:37 AM
So my psychiatrist started me on 10mg of Lexapro a day for my panic anxiety. It's only day 3 of 4 where I was instructed to only take half of the pill a day. I'm experiencing insomnia. I've only been sleeping 3-4 hours a night. I'm assuming it is due to the meds.

Are there any solutions to help me get some sleep or should I speak with my primary physician? I may try taking melatonin before sleep also.

It's stressful because it's usually the lack of sleep that triggers my panic attacks.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Cimi
02-25-2014, 08:09 AM
So my psychiatrist started me on 10mg of Lexapro a day for my panic anxiety. It's only day 3 of 4 where I was instructed to only take half of the pill a day. I'm experiencing insomnia. I've only been sleeping 3-4 hours a night. I'm assuming it is due to the meds.

Are there any solutions to help me get some sleep or should I speak with my primary physician? I may try taking melatonin before sleep also.

It's stressful because it's usually the lack of sleep that triggers my panic attacks.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

first lexapro is great.it has saved my life. about the insomnia it is not the medicine it is your anxiety pumped mind and body man. so relax and dont look for side effects. dont google anything. enjoy the medicine. i strongly advise not to google anything please for your own good. just go on living your life. anything strange is just the medicine or your body adjusting to it. nothing to worry. in 2 week u will feel super super fine. 10 mg is a very good dose. i am on 20 mg and feel like god :)

Enduronman
02-25-2014, 08:59 AM
Lexapro is a great medication but you've gotta hang in there and give it more than a few days friend..

Hope today is better for you!

E-Man... :)

Dynhamik
02-25-2014, 11:10 AM
first lexapro is great.it has saved my life. about the insomnia it is not the medicine it is your anxiety pumped mind and body man. so relax and dont look for side effects. dont google anything. enjoy the medicine. i strongly advise not to google anything please for your own good. just go on living your life. anything strange is just the medicine or your body adjusting to it. nothing to worry. in 2 week u will feel super super fine. 10 mg is a very good dose. i am on 20 mg and feel like god :)

Thank you. Yea I've always been bad when it comes to self diagnosing. I'm glad it's working for you. I just hope it does the same for me.

Dynhamik
02-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Lol. I'm trippin today. I need sleep.

Enduronman
02-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Trippin in a good way I take??? :)

Enduronman...

Dynhamik
02-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Trippin in a good way I take??? :)

Enduronman...

Haha. Trippin, as in 3 hours of sleep has me in zombie mode. Can't think straight.Lol

Enduronman
02-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Ah,..yes, new medications.
Did the doc say to take them am or pm???
Because if they keep you awake, then take them am...
If they knock you out, take them pm....
Regardless of what doc said, adjust them to fit your lifestyle and sleep habits and such....
and yes, melatonin is ok too..our bodies make melatonin anyway, at night, for the sleep cycle to begin so taking 1 to 3 mg isn't going to interact with your new med...
Its already in our systems,..but can also be made in a Lab too..

E-Man.. :)

jjh333
02-25-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm also on lexapro. Everyone has a different reaction to them... I have to take mine at night because it makes me sleepy! If you have been taking it before bed... ask your doctor if its fine to switch to the morning.

meichmann
02-25-2014, 02:50 PM
I've been on lexapro for quite a while now and I Love it! The first week or so getting used to it was a little weird because of the side effects (headache, dizziness, etc), but it really has helped my anxiety. It hasn't made it go away but it definately made it more manageable.

Enduronman
02-25-2014, 03:06 PM
YAY!!! 3 success stories! Good to see you all too...

E-man.. :)

Dynhamik
02-25-2014, 06:34 PM
I've been on lexapro for quite a while now and I Love it! The first week or so getting used to it was a little weird because of the side effects (headache, dizziness, etc), but it really has helped my anxiety. It hasn't made it go away but it definately made it more manageable.

Yea, I've had minor headaches, but nothin too bad.

I'm also on lexapro. Everyone has a different reaction to them... I have to take mine at night because it makes me sleepy! If you have been taking it before bed... ask your doctor if its fine to switch to the morning.

Yea, because of the different effects on different people, he told me to take them when it worked for me.

Ah,..yes, new medications.
Did the doc say to take them am or pm???
Because if they keep you awake, then take them am...
If they knock you out, take them pm....
Regardless of what doc said, adjust them to fit your lifestyle and sleep habits and such....
and yes, melatonin is ok too..our bodies make melatonin anyway, at night, for the sleep cycle to begin so taking 1 to 3 mg isn't going to interact with your new med...
Its already in our systems,..but can also be made in a Lab too..

E-Man.. :)

The first two days I took them in the morning, but last night I took one at night because I forgot. EUREKA! lol. *woooosh!*

Enduronman
02-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Eureka!!! LOL!... :)

Dynhamik
02-26-2014, 08:04 AM
UPDATE: Slept pretty good last night after some chamomile tea. I love the feeling of hope. lol

Switching to a full 10mg pill today. Wish me luck.

Dynhamik
03-13-2014, 10:34 PM
UPDATE!

So I've been on the Lexapro for 2 weeks. Up until yesterday I was good. Not a single attack even with my poor sleeping. But yesterday I did have one attack that was quite minor. Now here's something new.

...My sister said I was sleep walking last night. I was walking the hallways in the house holding my water bottle and babbling nonsense. I don't remember a thing. Weird and creepy.lol. I'm wondering if this could be a possible side effect of the meds.

Dynhamik
04-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Update pt.2

I wish I could say it was working, but not so much. I've had 4 attacks today and a couple yesterday and the day before. Although not AS intense, it still really messes me up. I'm gonna get back with my psychiatrist and see about either upping the dosage or switching to something else.

crussellii
04-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Update pt.2 I wish I could say it was working, but not so much. I've had 4 attacks today and a couple yesterday and the day before. Although not AS intense, it still really messes me up. I'm gonna get back with my psychiatrist and see about either upping the dosage or switching to something else.

It took me to get up to 40mg of Lexapro and I was panic attack free. I'm trying Viibryd now. Been one month and not to bad. Lexapro works really well so don't give up on it so quickly.

jjh333
04-01-2014, 06:02 PM
meds work different for everyone! So while I love lexapro, maybe you would be best on something else! Seeing what the psychiatrist has to say is a good idea

Dynhamik
04-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Shit shit shit! I was on the way home from picking up my prescription when I had an attack at the wheel. I blacked out and smacked the curb, damaging my wheel and scratching my bumper. The impact "woke me up" and I was home 2 minutes later with NO memory of the event. Then it hit me randomly about 15minutes later. This is becoming a huge problem for me. I'm losing hope...

I can't even see my psychiatrist until the 16th. ugh