PDA

View Full Version : Itchy skin

GYDA
02-25-2014, 04:17 AM
Does anyone get really itchy skin when they're going through high anxiety periods? Im going through a stage at the minute and my skin just feels so itchy im nearly always scratching. I know anxiety can cause so many symptoms just wondering if anyone else gets this?

jessed03
02-25-2014, 04:33 AM
Horrible symptom. I think jloca gets a similar thing to this too.

Yeah stress can cause it. Allergies too, but unless you've changed anything lately, it's doubtful.

Anti histamine always used to help me! :)

Enduronman
02-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Yup...an anti histamine, and some skin lotion of some sort too... Good luck and best wishes!

E-Man.. :)

jloca215
02-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Yes!! I broke out in hives last week! And I was literally scratching every part of my body for two days after that! I was nervous anticipating my appt with the neurologist. After I saw him the itching got 90% better. All nerves. Some of it was dry skin though due to the weather.

jessed03
02-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Great stuff jloca :)

Amazing how stress can affect the body so much. Really is, and what it can cause.

meichmann
02-26-2014, 06:31 AM
I get prickly heat and itchy skin. I think it's the nerves tingling because when it gets really bad, it feels like my teeth get itchy (weird huh?) and it feels like I have to scratch them.