PDA

View Full Version : New to this site

cubflynn
02-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Hey everyone my name is Brian and I am 30 years old I was recently diagnosed with anxiety my doctor said I have severe health anxiety I've never had this problem before but a couple months ago I just started worrying about everything I have been to the ER 5 times and have seen my doctor at least 10 times in the last 2 months they say there is nothing wrong with me and I'm having a hard time believing them I have symptoms from head to toe headaches, blurry vision, lump in throat feeling, chest pains, cold sensation in my foot, weight loss, weakness, fatigue, but the one that bothers me the most is that my stomach feels like its pulsating all the time. Is that normal? Does anyone else get that? I've been doing a little better the last couple days I started taking Prozac in the morning and trazadone at nite the main thing I'm working on right now is trying not to google stuff about my symptoms ill google something and then get all worked up and have a panic attack well anyway sorry for rambling I just don't really have anyone to talk to about this I think talking to someone with the same problems might help so any comments would be really appreciated I look for to talking to you guys and maybe making some friends along the way

jerry26
02-24-2014, 11:50 PM
Hey Brian. I can def. relate to your situation. Been to the ER about six times in the last to months and the doctors tell me it's anxiety. I also experience many of your stmptoms. Chest discomfort , dizzy, needle feelings, cold feet and heads a symptom that freaks me out. I always have the feeling that the doctors are probably not detecting a possible problem with my heart , but they say my heart is just fine. I suggest that you don't google many of these symptoms but rather look up some a list of the many symptoms anxiety can cause, that might help. Otherwise looking up symptoms and side effects of medication can make you worry and freak out, just like it does to me. I hope that this helps a bit.

jerry26
02-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Sorry, completely forgot to tell you about the stomach issue. My stomach is acting up all the time. Feel my pulse on my stomach and can clearly see every heart beat when I lay down and place my phone on my stomach. ( my phone literally jumps on every beat)but yes, constipation, nausea, and many symptoms with the stomach can be felt.

fisher
02-25-2014, 12:06 AM
Hiya and welcome i am in the same situation health anxiety hate it:)

jerry26
02-25-2014, 12:29 AM
Hey fisher, can't remember. Are you on a beta blocker for anxiety?

fisher
03-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Hiya no am not on anything,just plodding on:))