PDA

View Full Version : Sleep monster

Niicole Lynne
02-24-2014, 07:57 PM
All I wanna do is sleep
But I'm scared to go to sleep too early in case I wake up freaking out or not being able to sleep. Ugh!

Dahila
02-24-2014, 08:45 PM
So do not go, go when you are exhausted, it is what I do:)

Niicole Lynne
02-24-2014, 08:48 PM
So do not go, go when you are exhausted, it is what I do:)

I feel exhausted right now
I just hve trouble staying asleep

Curtis D
02-24-2014, 08:49 PM
i have to agree with Dahila if you wait till you cant keep your eyes open you will sleep much better. this is what ill be doing for the next 4 hrs

bittersweetgirl
02-24-2014, 09:23 PM
I'm afraid too. It does help to wait til you can't stand it any longer, but I'm not there yet. I should "go to bed early" like all my friends can do easily, but I'm not able to. I wake up freaking out too.

bittersweetgirl
02-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Drives me freaking nuts that my friends go to bed at 8 or 9 PM. My young kids are hardly in bed then. How the heck do they (the adults) DO that? They're not up to go to work in the coal mines at 4 AM or anything. They can just sleep whenever, like no big deal, and then they complain that they're always exhausted. Really? Try sleeping 3-4 hours for nights on end. That's exhaustion.

Yeah, the lack of sleep is taking its toll on me....

Curtis D
02-24-2014, 09:32 PM
the lack of sleep is taking its toll on me....[/QUOTE]

you got that right!!!

anzy
02-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Hi you could take camomile it could help you or at the natural store Melatonin I heard very good things about, do your research,
Good luck

bittersweetgirl
02-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Hi you could take camomile it could help you or at the natural store Melatonin I heard very good things about, do your research,
Good luck

I drink chamomile tea sometimes but no help. Melatonin works wonders for my daughter but makes me sick to my stomach. It could help others though. I also have a small light box thing that I don't use that much - but should. It's supposed to help. For now I take meds and suffer anyway. I did sleep somewhat last night. Woke up in panic again.

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 08:44 AM
I drink chamomile tea sometimes but no help. Melatonin works wonders for my daughter but makes me sick to my stomach. It could help others though. I also have a small light box thing that I don't use that much - but should. It's supposed to help. For now I take meds and suffer anyway. I did sleep somewhat last night. Woke up in panic again.

I felt like all I did last nights was wake up in a panic
I was able to go back to sleep but I don't feel like I slept much

bittersweetgirl
02-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Same thing here, Nicole - "slept" but not well. I took a xanax and slept an hour or so this morning, which I realize now messes me up for tonight. I just was having serious anxiety attacks this morning and felt I needed some more sleep.

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 11:03 AM
Same thing here, Nicole - "slept" but not well. I took a xanax and slept an hour or so this morning, which I realize now messes me up for tonight. I just was having serious anxiety attacks this morning and felt I needed some more sleep.

My doctor has been hesitant in giving me any "quick calming" medication. But sometimes I wish I had some just so I could sleep

lizard0921
02-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Xanax has actually helped me a lot with sleeping when I was taking it. I used to be able to sleep. Ever since I became pregnant, I wake up once or twice during the night. I turn on the TV, watch it for 10 mins and I'm back to bed again. I wake up and I still feel exhausted. Sucks :(

bittersweetgirl
02-25-2014, 12:36 PM
My doctor has been hesitant in giving me any "quick calming" medication. But sometimes I wish I had some just so I could sleep

I'm hesitant to take it, but have been repeatedly ordered to PLEASE take it as instructed. I'm in a crisis situation now, so the docs say I need to take it - it's the whole purpose of the meds. I've taken it off and on for years, and don't get "addicted", though I do tend to need higher doses after some time of taking it regularly. It's heaven-sent for insomnia, I will say.

lizard0921
02-25-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm hesitant to take it, but have been repeatedly ordered to PLEASE take it as instructed. I'm in a crisis situation now, so the docs say I need to take it - it's the whole purpose of the meds. I've taken it off and on for years, and don't get "addicted", though I do tend to need higher doses after some time of taking it regularly. It's heaven-sent for insomnia, I will say.

Are you speaking of Xanax?

bittersweetgirl
02-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Are you speaking of Xanax?

Yes, Xanax! Sorry about that!

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Very interesting to know
Thank you :)