PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety causing feelings of Unreality

Brews
02-24-2014, 06:40 PM
This is gotta be the worst symptom for me.

Sometimes my anxiety can get so bad that life just stops seeming like…well life and it starts getting surreal. The whole idea of being a conscious organic blob of something really gets to me and starts to make my thoughts feel alien and I feel trapped in my own body and about to go insane. This is the worst symptom and honestly the hardest to explain to people. I have trouble explaining without just sounding weird. I was wondering if anyone gets this? Just what is it?

Niicole Lynne
02-24-2014, 06:44 PM
This is gotta be the worst symptom for me. Sometimes my anxiety can get so bad that life just stops seeming like…well life and it starts getting surreal. The whole idea of being a conscious organic blob of something really gets to me and starts to make my thoughts feel alien and I feel trapped in my own body and about to go insane. This is the worst symptom and honestly the hardest to explain to people. I have trouble explaining without just sounding weird. I was wondering if anyone gets this? Just what is it?

This is a new symptom for me but it is how I have been feeling for 2 days now. I feel like I don't even know what or why is happening around me. It's terrible and leaves me feeling hopeless.
If you ever wanna talk send me a message :)

Kyle Morgan
02-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Yeah I've had it for months, I know how you feel man, it's a pain. I get them frequently and I don't know why, it seems as if I'm in dream-world sometimes, it sometimes happens to me when I'm in public places and people look at me as if I'm zoned out. Hope you get better man!!

Niicole Lynne
02-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Yeah I've had it for months, I know how you feel man, it's a pain. I get them frequently and I don't know why, it seems as if I'm in dream-world sometimes, it sometimes happens to me when I'm in public places and people look at me as if I'm zoned out. Hope you get better man!!

How do u try and deal with it Kyle

Kyle Morgan
02-24-2014, 07:09 PM
How do u try and deal with it Kyle

To be honest with you, I ain't the best dealing with it, what I do try and do sometimes is to think of positive things or things that I want to do. I'm just used to it. Do you get it around people too E;G a crowded place such as queueing in the shop. I wish I could help you better sorry, it's just that I get them too and I'm not the best helping myself when I get it haha.

Niicole Lynne
02-24-2014, 07:11 PM
To be honest with you, I ain't the best dealing with it, what I do try and do sometimes is to think of positive things or things that I want to do. I'm just used to it. Do you get it around people too E;G a crowded place such as queueing in the shop. I wish I could help you better sorry, it's just that I get them too and I'm not the best helping myself when I get it haha.

As I said this is a new feeling for me
I am a teacher and today I couldn't even feel like talking to people cuz I felt so... Not there
I just kept trying to do things and keep busy even if I didn't want to
Lol looks like were on the same boat

Kyle Morgan
02-24-2014, 07:14 PM
As I said this is a new feeling for me
I am a teacher and today I couldn't even feel like talking to people cuz I felt so... Not there
I just kept trying to do things and keep busy even if I didn't want to
Lol looks like were on the same boat

Occupying yourself seems like a good idea because when you're busy you're not thinking of Anxiety thoughts. Sometimes being quiet and dwelling on thoughts can make it worse. I have a habit for doing it though so I can't talk haha.

Niicole Lynne
02-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Occupying yourself seems like a good idea because when you're busy you're not thinking of Anxiety thoughts. Sometimes being quiet and dwelling on thoughts can make it worse. I have a habit for doing it though so I can't talk haha.

Agree with u there
I feel exhausted from trying to keep my mind exhausted
I feel like all I wanna do is sleep but sometimes going to bed is terrible

Brews
02-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Agree with u there
I feel exhausted from trying to keep my mind exhausted
I feel like all I wanna do is sleep but sometimes going to bed is terrible

Oh, I can't ever sleep when it's happening. Sometime's it can be even worse at night, I'll wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat and have no idea what's going on and realize how weird everything as I'm shocked back into consciousness. I feel like these thoughts should be interesting or even beautiful but when my body is tensed up and I'm feeling bad because of general anxiety it makes the feelings/thoughts so frightening.

I can agree with this. As soon as it starts to happen I inevitably start thinking about it even more--which of course makes it worse. Getting my mind off of it does help, I have been cooking recently which is soothing to me. But it happens a lot to me when driving on the interstate and when I'm sitting around waiting on something.

Thanks for the replies.

Niicole Lynne
02-24-2014, 07:32 PM
Oh, I can't ever sleep when it's happening. Sometime's it can be even worse at night, I'll wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat and have no idea what's going on and realize how weird everything as I'm shocked back into consciousness. I feel like these thoughts should be interesting or even beautiful but when my body is tensed up and I'm feeling bad because of general anxiety it makes the feelings/thoughts so frightening. I can agree with this. As soon as it starts to happen I inevitably start thinking about it even more--which of course makes it worse. Getting my mind off of it does help, I have been cooking recently which is soothing to me. But it happens a lot to me when driving on the interstate and when I'm sitting around waiting on something. Thanks for the replies.

I can agree with everything you said
I find it comforting to talk to people directly who understand so as I said if u ever wanna talk as a distraction just message me :)