PDA

View Full Version : eyes playing tricks on me

ab123
02-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Kind of an anxious day,learning to roll with the punches these days though. Probably anticipatory anxiety about going back to work tomorrow after two months, But really on excited to get out of the house! I just got over being sick...which luckily I didn't get it as bad as everyone else in my house.. feeling a little off today...kind of a dull headache...and my eyes feel like they are" letting in too much light" and they almost feel like they burn a teensy bit. Anyone else get this? I won't be visiting Dr Google. So just wondering if anyone else got this too. Or I'm just nuts. Lol:):)

Goomba
02-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Haha if you're having eye issues, I'm your guy. Mine were what set my anxiety off, and ended up being nothing in the end. I don't know what you mean by letting too much light in, need more detail, but anxiety definitely definitely made me light sensitive.

ab123
02-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Not light sensitive, I just feel like my pupils are" staying dialated" but I don't really think they are. I'm not too weirded out by it. But I'd love to dismiss it quicker if I could rule it out faster. Lol

Goomba
02-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I used to get this feeling like...I don't know, an itch, or a string like pain going into my eyeball from the center inward. Sometimes I would check my pupils when I would get it, because if felt like they were huge. Ended up being nothing though and it has stopped.

lizard0921
02-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Haha if you're having eye issues, I'm your guy. Mine were what set my anxiety off, and ended up being nothing in the end. I don't know what you mean by letting too much light in, need more detail, but anxiety definitely definitely made me light sensitive.

My eyes gets so sensitive to the light also. I sometimes feel like my eyes are gonna go crossed eyed.

letssee
02-24-2014, 02:11 AM
I get that and the cross eyed feeling too. Eye are part of the body and anxiety finds a way to muck everything up at some point right? I have mediocre vision as is, and forgot my glasses when I moved last year, but I do notice that focusing my vision is harder when I'm especially anxious. Then of course, that makes me even more anxious. Bleh! So to stop the cycle I have to force myself to relax. When this specifically happens I take out ten minutes to half an hour to lay in a moderately lit room, put on my preferred play list, close my eyes and just breathe.

Have a good one!

lizard0921
02-24-2014, 01:06 PM
I get that and the cross eyed feeling too. Eye are part of the body and anxiety finds a way to muck everything up at some point right? I have mediocre vision as is, and forgot my glasses when I moved last year, but I do notice that focusing my vision is harder when I'm especially anxious. Then of course, that makes me even more anxious. Bleh! So to stop the cycle I have to force myself to relax. When this specifically happens I take out ten minutes to half an hour to lay in a moderately lit room, put on my preferred play list, close my eyes and just breathe.

Have a good one!

I was having blurry vision too. I finally went to an optometrist. She said everything looked fine except my eyes were extremely dry. I bought good eye drops and haven't had blurry vision since then.

I get the cross eyed feeling when I'm tired and then I feel like I'm gonna have a panic attack because the feeling is crucial. -_-