PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else?

lorenzo18
02-23-2014, 06:21 PM
So the last couple of days I have been really worked up and worried that something is wrong with me. I've been having shortness of breath and weird feelings all day like. I figured it was just anxiety and I just started taking lexapro 2 weeks ago. Anyways I felt so weird the last two days I went to the ER but instead of going in I just sat in my car for a little to see if it was my mind playing tricks on me. I happened to feel better all of a sudden. It's like being close to a hospital made everything go away. I have really bad health anxiety. Has this ever happen to anyone else?

Goomba
02-23-2014, 06:39 PM
Not that specifically, but I've definitely been in situations where I started to feel better because I was doing something. As weird as it may seem, getting to the car to go to the ER is you taking action to get control of your anxiety. It makes perfect sense that it would make you feel better.

lorenzo18
02-23-2014, 06:50 PM
It's weird now that I started taking lexapro, I don't have a actual panic attack. My anxiety just gets really high and in the back of my head I tell my self you better get to the ER something is wrong with you. But it's not like before when I would be shaking and holding my chest freaking out in panic. It's like my emotions/flight or fight response are suppressed but I'm still feeling the anxiety. I've had this fogey spacey feeling the last couple days and that's what is messing with me.

Goomba
02-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Sounds like you're making progress. Anxiety is losing it's grip, but is still present as you continue the fight. That is exactly how I used to feel when I was trying hard to make changes.

Niicole Lynne
02-23-2014, 07:34 PM
It's weird now that I started taking lexapro, I don't have a actual panic attack. My anxiety just gets really high and in the back of my head I tell my self you better get to the ER something is wrong with you. But it's not like before when I would be shaking and holding my chest freaking out in panic. It's like my emotions/flight or fight response are suppressed but I'm still feeling the anxiety. I've had this fogey spacey feeling the last couple days and that's what is messing with me.

this is how i feel some days as well lorenzo18...