PDA

View Full Version : New here

Jgirl-73
02-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Hello! I'm new to this forum and I've suffered with anxiety & panic attacks for close to 10 years. I'm close to caving, and going back to meds. I've been med free for close to 6 months, hoping I could do it naturally. Right now I'm going through good days & then bad days...back and forth. It's wearing me out! Any advice would be great. Thanks!

NixonRulz
02-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Welcome aboard

Were the meds helping you and that is why you are coming off of them?

Good to have you.

Jgirl-73
02-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Meds helped for the first 4 1/2 years and the the last six months they petered out. My doc said that sometimes happens. They tried a different one but the side effects were too much so I asked to go med-free for awhile. I've learned so much through counsel I thought I could fully recover...and I've done pretty well, just not complete.

NixonRulz
02-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Then that is good news. I asked because loads of people just hate the idea of not being on meds even though they are working really well

I am happy that you feel like you may be closing in on the finish line

This forum can really help

A good group here. Mostly the same faces daily

Enduronman
02-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Welcome!

Yes, it seems as if maybe that's all you would need, a jump start persay..
You have done pretty well as we can see but just lacking a little, as you said back and forth...
What one do you plan to try in the near future and which one failed you??...

E-Man...:)

Jgirl-73
02-23-2014, 12:23 PM
I was on Lexapro. I tried prozac. I only lasted two weeks on that one but I was going through lexapro withdrawals still & wonder if that was my issue. I don't know what new one I'll try. Zoloft was mentioned but then the doc said it was horrible to get off of. But I sometimes think I'll be a "lifer".

spartymum
02-23-2014, 12:28 PM
I am med free but taking a herbal called min tran by standard process it's working well

Jgirl-73
02-23-2014, 01:12 PM
I've tried everything. I use lemon balm extract which helps sometimes. I bought Gaba but then read the side effects were pounding heart & breathing difficulties. I tried Calm, magnesium, saw no difference. I've bought anxiety workbooks, tapes, cd's, books....I've literally spent thousands to get over this. I've had every blood test, heart scan, whatever, & it boils down to one very healthy individual. No one can figure it out, although hormones being out of whack seem to be the most promising. Now the doc has got me going gluten free. I've already given up caffeine. I exercise 5-7 days a week, 30-45 minutes. I'm super frustrated & very tired of going through the motions of life but not enjoying anything. Sorry for being a negative Nelly. I miss feeling good SO much!!!!!

NixonRulz
02-23-2014, 01:24 PM
I've tried everything. I use lemon balm extract which helps sometimes. I bought Gaba but then read the side effects were pounding heart & breathing difficulties. I tried Calm, magnesium, saw no difference. I've bought anxiety workbooks, tapes, cd's, books....I've literally spent thousands to get over this. I've had every blood test, heart scan, whatever, & it boils down to one very healthy individual. No one can figure it out, although hormones being out of whack seem to be the most promising. Now the doc has got me going gluten free. I've already given up caffeine. I exercise 5-7 days a week, 30-45 minutes. I'm super frustrated & very tired of going through the motions of life but not enjoying anything. Sorry for being a negative Nelly. I miss feeling good SO much!!!!!

I don't advocate using meds r not but it was by far, the thing that helped me once I found the right one.

You sound like you have tried it all

If anxiety is caused by a chemical imbalance, which is up for debate, then meds seem like the thing to try again with

I know its frustrating trying to find the thing or that one med that makes the difference

Stay vigilant! Your persistence will pay off